Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Negril question...

User Info Menu

Negril question...

We stayed at Idle Awhile in December and loved it. It was our first time to Negril. The only problem we had was loud music a few nights that kept us up, especially Thursday night when the music was so loud it kept us up until after 3 a.m. We are trying to string 3 or 4 nights together on nights when the nightclub music is not going on all night. Or is this impossible on that section of the beach. Thanks for any information.

User Info Menu

Re: Negril question...

You hear music all the time in Negril. Its the heart of Jamaica! I think Idle Awhile is probably the best small hotel on the beach, maybe you should drink yourself to sleep!! On the cliffs which is where i like to stay is more quiet at night. All you really hear is the Ocean crashing on the rocks. I think the weekend people will party harder then maybe Sunday, Monday, Tuesday perhaps.

User Info Menu

Have you considered maybe staying up on the Cliffs instead? Idle Awhile has a sister property, Hide Awhile, located on the Cliffs, and it's much quieter up there at night. They also have a shuttle to bring you down to the beach during the daytime, so you still get the best of both worlds.

We also have been staying at Idle Awhile and love it there, and while the music doesn't bother us, I know that it can get kinda loud for some trying to get to sleep early. Thankfully even our little ones have slept right through it! I guess we are just loud at home and they are used to noise, haha! We haven't stayed at Hide Awhile yet, although we did go up there for drinks and a beautiful sunset, and it's very private and peaceful there. We have enjoyed staying on the cliffs when we travel without our kids and have loved our stays at the Rockhouse. We also stayed at The Caves once before, and as amazing and unique as that place was, there are other special places on the cliffs that are just as beautiful, but way less expensive!

Just like the beach hotels, there are so many awesome choices on the cliffs, and you can read through some of the recent trip reports to see some great photos. After reading Clarity and Markus' report, I know that I became totally sold on the breaktaking Villa Sur Mer!
    But, whatever you choose, I am sure you wil no doubt have another fantastic time in Negril!:-)

User Info Menu

If you stay further north on the beach it's less noisy ie. Treehouse or SeaSplash ....

User Info Menu

Idle Awhile is north of Treehouse and Sea Splash

User Info Menu

If the beach runs North toward Lucea and South toward town then Idle Awhile is south of Treehouse and Sea Splash

User Info Menu

My wife and I always stay on the "Garden" side - across the street (Legends, Grand Pineapple) - MUCH quieter, and the walk across the street to the action is no big deal - and as an added bonus, the rooms are cheaper! I'm not familiar with Idle Awhile so I don't knwo if that's and option..
    The Earth is the Lord's and everything in it!

User Info Menu

Sounds like you need to move down to the cliffs. The West end...the best end.
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TizzyATX View Post
    Sounds like you need to move down to the cliffs. The West end...the best end.
    play on da beach and sleep on da Cliffs.....yah mon

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Van View Post
    Idle Awhile is north of Treehouse and Sea Splash
    Idle Awhile is south of Treehouse and Sea Splash, not north. It's between Charela and Coco La Palm.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4