Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Update negril august 2012

User Info Menu

Re: Update negril august 2012

You have misunderstood me accompong i have never said anything about people coming and going as they please. I was simply saying if i meet new friends (world wide origins and local) and wished to invite them to the location i was staying at for dinner and drinks obviously i would be present i would like to be able to. The many times i have travelled to various other locations in jamaica other than negril as well the beautiful world we live in (ranging from australia, asia and indonesia) i have always looked for chances to learn and live making new friends.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Sheba,

Almost every non-AI property/place in Negril will be allow you to invite new people you meet to their bar for drinks or their restaurant for dinner. The exceptions to that rule can be counted on one hand.

But that being said, as Accompong pointed out, the businesses in Negril have vastly more experience with some of these "new friends" than you do. Should a property suggest that someone you have just met (or maybe met on a previous visit) is not welcome on the property, it may be in your best interest to heed such advice. They may have had experience in the past with this "new friend" and know that things sometimes go bad when they are around.

And please be aware that inviting these new friends back to your room for dinner or drinks as opposed to the more public areas like their restaurant and bar, is a much different thing altogether. Any visitor to the island by definition has very limited experience with these new acquaintances they may consider friends, and inviting them to the more private areas is not always a wise thing to do. For those of us who live here in the very small village of Negril (population around 5000), we tend to know who is who and would not feel comfortable with some folks having access to these more private areas.

Because this topic has come up before, and no doubt will again, please know that what I am talking about is not about the property being "anti-Jamaican". In my nearly 20 years living here, I have seen certain visitors to the island not be allowed on some properties as their "antics" have become known to the local business. Remember, just because someone you have just met may be charming or a smooth talker does not mean that they are trustworthy. The English language has defined the terms "con men" and "grifters" because they rely on just such tactics of charm and smooth talking to earn your confidence, and when you drop your guard, they rip you off...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Well said Rob, when I visit friends at their places, I always check-in whether it is a Hello Miss Rose, or to someone at the desk who may not recognise us. We have always been more than welcome to sit on the porch or balcony, but I always try to remember that we are guests, even at our own place I like to show the other guests respect, as we might like to laugh the nite away, others prefer a good nites sleep and are early risers. Cheers!