Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Farmers Daughters Wedding

User Info Menu

Farmers Daughters Wedding

[at
    tach=config]14925[/attach]
    I want so bad to do a trip report but it is in my busy season so I might do it
    in pieces.This was a whole week of a wedding with 100 plus people
    For my wife and I it was a wedding year!
    If you check the pic you can see Rob and Lisa in the back
    also Niah and Nicole on the far right blessed us with their presence
    The owners of Chrystal Waters and Rayon Hotel both our homes away from home
    for 2 plus months in the winter
    And my farm crew made a big effort to come with their significant others.
    Cherela did a fantastic job their help was over the top so big ups to them
    Farmer
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

Re: Farmers Daughters Wedding

What a wonderful photo!!!!

User Info Menu

It was an absolutely beautiful wedding...your friends & family are very special!
    Thank you for allowing us to be part of this very memorable day!!
    Lisa & Rob

User Info Menu

Great photo! I think we need a "like" button on this forum...
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

User Info Menu

Beautiful! Looking forward to seeing more wedding photos when you get the time! Love beach weddings!

User Info Menu

nice............

User Info Menu

The wedding was on friday and 25 of us flew down the Sat before to start the "wedding week"
    We had the direct flight from Boston on Jet Blue and we paid the $30 xtra for the front 6 rows
    so we could get my wifes father off the plane quicker.I went to get my rent a car while wifey loaded everybody on
    Roys buses.
    Once settled @ cherela everybody was hungry and they all looked at the wife & I for guidance.
    As you know that in Jamaica 25 people at a resteraunt will turn into a long wait!I looked at wifey
    and said this is only 25 peeps wait till the week goes on there will be more!Going to be a long week
    We thought where can we bring this many people.So we called our friend Nester whose family runs Ciao.
    Sure with that many peeps he would drive us both ways just tip the taxi.
    We had a wonderful meal and everybody raved about the meal
    We have never had a bad meal there always good!
    Sunday another wave of people came in ,.My wife had welcome bags for everybody full of little
    gifts and a sheet of paper with info on eating and moving around Negril so the next night everybody was on their own.
    The one thing my wife put me in charge of was the music.As of that Monday I had yet to get solid conformation on who
    was playing.I have got to know a retired rock star who keeps a low profile but hangs the same place we do on the beach.
    He has been coming down since the 70's and had great music connections in Negril.He said I will call Bassie.
    Bassie plays in many reggae bands Alfreds,Roots and all the venues he has been the base player everybody uses.
    Bassie told me he will be in Kingston rehearsing for a reggae show in Barbados that he is leaving for on Sat morning.
    He would love to play and would set up a band that would work.We had seen a singer @ a show over the winter
    and we really wanted her to sing so Bassie said he wiill talk to her but he also has good sigers that he could get.
    The next day he said she wants too much money and he has another lady who would do a great job.My wife was really set
    on that singer and wasn't happy.Bassie said check out a singer tonight down at Beaches Sandy Bay they are having
    a night to thank all their workers and give good worker awards out,There was a band Bassie put together with a singer
    The audiance was quiet and the singer sang all american music during the night.Wifey was not happy as this was not what she expected
    We wanted reggae dancing music!Bassie assured us this was a Jamaican audience that would rather american music so don't worry
    we cxan put on a show for you.We met with Bassie the next morning sitting around Cherela having coffee.We talked about the dances
    and music.I wanted a Eric Clapton song for the father daughter dance and told Bassie we would have an IPod there to do some of the songs.
    Bassie said oh you mean this song and sang the first few lines of Wonderfull Tonight.My daughter ,son in law,and wife all looked at me and said thats
    perfect.So we went along with the singer we saw and Bassie said I will also bring the singer Swallow.Swallow plays alot of the venues around Negril
    and was very well known so I said yeah lets do it.
    Got to get to work ,strawberry picking time.
    Farmer
    ps Rob and Lisa are looking younger every time I see them.These two are a class act!

User Info Menu

Farmer and Likkle Farmer CONGRATS!

All the Best,

VVHT

User Info Menu

On Tuesday we were up to 61 people arriving.I spent most of the time running friends and family to Hi Lo for cash and groceries.
    My wife and daughter needed a day @ the hairstylist to test hairstyles.So we went to Negril Escape where Queen Bee does her styling.She mixed up the time we were to be there so we had an hour to kill.It was 10 in the morning and Dennis was just opening Whoopies for the day ,So a rum and fresh squeezed OJ tasted pretty good!After the second one I was feeling good so off to Queen Bees.I dopped the girls off and went to Canoe for an attitude adjustment and chatted with Kirby.
    Back at the beach our crowd was getting bigger.We took over one side of Cherelas beach keeping Sandra and partners busy with messages.
    That night was our 1st organized event.We arranged with Margaritaville to have a survivor night ,2hours of drinking and a full buffet.Lots of fun.Most people had never been to Jamaica so we organized things to do for the rest of the trip.
    Thanks for the comments I have more photos coming
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

The smiles The beach So perfect.