Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Team GRITS, spacers, Greg, swiss cake rolls, and RICE AND BEANS!!

User Info Menu

Re: Team GRITS, spacers, Greg, swiss cake rolls, and RICE AND BEANS!!

Enjoying the trip report!

User Info Menu

Noodling in Negril? I would love to hear more about that, lolol! Anyway, loving the report so far!

User Info Menu

Day 2 continued

So, we gathered all of our stuff up and Boardie X grabbed his stuff and we said that we'd meet back at our spot in fifteen minutes. Steph and Gary came to our room to leave their stuff. Now, at this point they were still, technically, strangers. The fact that we trusted them to come into our room and they trusted us enough to follow, LOL, is amazing. We could have been some weird psycho couple looking for a couple of new victims. Don't laugh, it happens.

We meet back and six of us set off for Fun Holiday. It was a nice walk and there was a lot of laughing going on. That was probably helped along by the Red Stripes we consumed, IDK. Anyway, we made it down and greeted Rob like he was a long lost family member (we asked him for money, just kidding). C and I met Tom....I can't remember if Steph and Gary had met him. Boardie X knew him already. So we sit down for the infamous Fun Holiday 3 for 1 rum punch which turned out to be 2 for 1 instead. That was ok because I swear that rum punch was really GASOLINE! It was harsh! C, Gary, Boardie X, and Rob kept joking that it was SMOOOOOOTH. I'm guessing the bartender said that because they thought it was really funny. It became a running joke throughout the week. I only could force down one, it was that rough.

Luckily, there were other drink options available for the 2 for 1 price. They do have very good pina coladas, I must say. We really enjoyed the afternoon. The lady we met, L, decided she was going to get braids done in her hair. Ouch! She missed out on a lot of the fun because that took a LONG time. And boy, did we have a GREAT time!! C said yesterday that this was his favorite day of the trip.

It started raining a gully washer which shut the webcast down. I had a lot of fun watching Steph talk with her daughters during the cast. They were very concerned and protective of their mom, which was super sweet. Not surprising, because Steph is super sweet herself! Dancing in front of the camera was crazy fun and dancing away from the camera was even more fun haha!

I have to admit that this was one of those afternoons that the adult beverage consumption was out of control. I must have good control of my drunk because I was toasted. I think the only person who knew that was my husband. It was lots of fun!

So when the cast was shut down, we visited with Rob for a while and then it was time to head back to Coco. Boardie X had ditched us earlier, so it was just the five of us. C, Steph, and Gary were walking ahead of us, almost all the way back, and I was hanging with L because frankly she needed the help lol. A very obnoxious sub salesman was hounding us on the beach. He tried to talk to C, Steph, and Gary first and got NOWHERE. C is kind of mean looking and he and Gary just ignored him. Sub salesman yelled, "Oh you don't want to be my friend then?" with an attitude. They just kept on walking...

So where does that leave him to go? Yep, that's right...he attached himself to L and myself. Great. I told him I wasn't interested but L had no experience with this and he was working her bigtime. She kept looking at me and saying, "What do I do? What do I do?" I mean, he was getting really rude and intrusive. I told her to say no thanks not interested. He yelled at me, "I'm not talking to you!" Oh SNAP no he didn't! First of all, I don't think my hormones were working all that well that day because I was already short tempered, I could tell. So I said, "Well I'm not talking to you EITHER! Get lost!" It's a wonder I didn't get shanked or something, IDK. He was pretty hostile to me afterwards hehe. By this time we had made it back to Coco. He SHOVES a bag of it in her hand. I tell her just to drop it and walk off. She does and he's yelling at her to give him five bucks because he's poor and what-not. We just keep on walking...

This same guy harrassed people every day for the two weeks we were there. Security was really good whenever they saw him. The guy at Coco said he does this, every single day. He rolled his eyes and sighed loudly when he said this haha. You could tell he gets on some last nerves, lol. Observation, it didn't bother me. I know there are people who are going to try and sell you everything, including the kitchen sink. If you're not interested, don't engage. Don't stop, don't talk, just keep going. You can say no thanks but be firm. That was the mistake, I believe. But anyway, no big deal.

We go back to the room and Steph and Gary get their stuff and we walk them to the front to wait on their ride, a really cool guy named Melton. I'll post his number later, we all highly recommend him. He's a great guy. Plans are made for us all to meet up at 3 Dives to eat and for the webcast. We make arrangements for Melton to come back and pick us up for the evening, also.

Coming up, 3 Dives, a great sunset, and the BIRTH OF GREG!!!
    Last edited by tfw73; 07-18-2012 at 10:27 AM.

User Info Menu

I think I'll just copy and paste for my day 4 ... I'm going to get really confused! Thanks for your sweet comments, you know I love ya more than my luggage!

You never see it coming ... and the next thing you know ... UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

User Info Menu

Steph and Gary came to our room to leave their stuff. Now, at this point they were still, technically, strangers. The fact that we trusted them to come into our room and they trusted us enough to follow, LOL, is amazing. We could have been some weird psycho couple looking for a couple of new victims. Don't laugh, it happens
    LOL!!! Sorry I had to laugh! But I know what you mean!
    I'm really enjoying your trip report, Some of the things you observe have me cracking up.
    That Subsaleman sounded really obnoxious though "Oh SNAP no he didn't!" LOL!
    I've had a few run-ins with salesman like that. My tactic is just "We don't do drugs. that's not our thing. Thanks though" It works like a charm. They just move along because they don't have time to waste on us. You have to say it exactly like that though.
    Looking forward to the birth of Greg
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by garysteph1018 View Post
    I think I'll just copy and paste for my day 4 ... I'm going to get really confused! Thanks for your sweet comments, you know I love ya more than my luggage!
    Girl, you can borrow anything I have! Some days, even my husband!

User Info Menu

Whoa

LOL
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Great report - keep it going...........

Boardie X was exposedd on the webcast last night.

User Info Menu

Day 2 continued (I have said the entire trip that this was the longest day EVER! I am not complaining!)

So we wave and say see you later! to Steph and Gary. Melton was coming back around 445 to pick us up. C and I go back to the room to rest and clean up. Today introduced a couple of themes that stayed with us throughout the trip. I'll get to those in a bit.

Melton picked us up right on time. I can't say enough about this gentleman. He is nice, friendly, outgoing, and a safe driver. I think he is the only taxi driver in Negril who doesn't speed!

Ok, I hope everyone is sitting down, holding your horses, baited breath, etc. because I am going to tell you how GARY underwent a metamorphosis and became GREG....at least for us. Little did we know that Steph and GARY would have the same experience (Just kidding, we had the same driver lol).

So anyway....Melton is talking to us, asking questions and vice versa. He says several times that he will drop C and I off and then go pick up Steph and GREG at Catcha and bring them back to 3 Dives. Huh? So C whispers to me, "I thought his name was Gary?!?!" LOL, so I say yes his name is Gary, just don't say anything! Apparently he kept on calling Gary the wrong name, Greg. I don't know why this was so darned funny (probably the Red Stripes), but it stuck. Yes, that was probably a let down, huh? Just wait, it gets better. By the end of the week, everyone, and I do me EVERYONE was calling him Greg!

Another 'theme' of the week....ok, so apparently those big ole microphones Rob and Lisa use can pick up a LOT. During the 3 Dives cast, some of y'all kept saying I had an accent. What accent??? That's what I'd like to know! Seriously, we heard that for two weeks. LOL

So we get to 3 Dives, get some adult beverages, visit with Rob and Lisa, and wait on Steph and GREG to arrive. If I remember correctly, Steph and GREG told us the same story about his name that night...which we laughed and laughed about. This was also the birth of GREG and C's unhealthy love of RICE AND BEANS. You have to use caps to denote how much they loved those danged things.

This is the night that I became STACEY. When we ordered, the young man wrote our names down and he wrote mine down as STACEY. Not a big deal at the time, for sure, but later on it helped when we all became different people (that had NOTHING to do with bad behavior on the Pub Crawl...just saying).

Name:  055.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  86.2 KBName:  056.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  92.1 KB

Ok, let's talk about the food. I ordered jerk shrimp. Now, it was good but after I tried what C ordered, the lobster, I could have kicked myself! It was so freakin' good! Tender, sweet, perfectly seasoned...my goodness! Steph ordered the fried lobster and I can't remember what GREG (he's become GREG by this time, party animal) ordered. Those boys went crazy over those RICE AND BEANS. Their homemade sauce, Granny sauce?, was super hot and wonderful! We'll have a little story about that on Day 3's report. GREG had an adventure with the Granny sauce during the Pub crawl.

Not much to say about dinner other than it was delicious and the company was perfect! We really enjoyed Steph and GREG's company. C said to me that they were our kind of people, which is high praise from him. I enjoyed watching Rob and Lisa 'work'. Hard job, but somebody's got to do it!

We finish eating and walk over to the cliffs to look and hang out. We all took some pretty good pictures this evening. Allow me to show you a few...
    Name:  057.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  97.2 KBName:  058.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  76.1 KBName:  059.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  95.7 KBName:  060.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  95.9 KBName:  062.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  97.7 KB
    Ok, I always have to take the pictures. I had C take some of me on the swing at 3 Dives and these were the only two goods ones!!! The second picture was me lecturing someone, ahem, who was off camera!
    Name:  078.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  97.5 KBName:  083.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  98.8 KB

I just hate that I didn't take the picture of the USED c*nd*m (I can't even make myself type that lol) that someone so enthusiastically pointed out to us on the cliffs!

Coming up, the end of Day 2 aka the longest day in history.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rustedduck View Post
    Great report - keep it going...........

Boardie X was exposedd on the webcast last night.
    haha, well I didn't want to name him without permission!

And what did I miss lol?