Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Team GRITS, spacers, Greg, swiss cake rolls, and RICE AND BEANS!!

User Info Menu

Team GRITS, spacers, Greg, swiss cake rolls, and RICE AND BEANS!!

Ok, this is my first attempt at a trip report. So I can't promise that it will be the best thing ever written but I'm certainly going to give it a try! This trip exceeded all expectations...it was more exciting, more fun, more memorable than I thought was possible! I knew this trip was going to be a second honeymoon for my husband and me, but I didn't anticipate the fun and friendships that would come as a result.

I always think a story is best told from the beginning, so that's where I will start! Hubs and I had an overnight connection in ATL with our flight to JA leaving at 830 Monday morning. Well, to make a long story short (or to get to the point quicker haha), our evening flight was delayed (shades of past trips...terrible!). Luckily, our bags were packed at the front door, just waiting to leave. I yelled at my husband to pack the car and let's book it to the airport. I figured that we could possibly get on an earlier flight. I knew that you could change your flight for fifty bucks the day of if there were seats available. We hugged and kissed our daughter, said good-bye to Nana (who was kind enough to let A, our daughter, stay for two weeks...they had their own adventure while we were gone, but I'll get into that later). <Sidenote, I am particularly fond of parentheses and ellipses. So humor me...> Of course, we head out like two speed demons. We get four minutes down the road, and I check the MyDelta app on my phone again. That's how I saw our flight was delayed. Well, I scrolled down and saw that they offered an option to rebook another flight, free. If I hadn't been in such an all-fired hurry, I would have seen that before. We rebooked and were somewhat calmed down. Travel always puts us on edge and I didn't want to start our trip out fussing at each other. Or, me fussing at him...lol!

We got there in plenty of time. Not much to say about Day 1, Sunday, except we had the bad luck to be sitting in front of a guy on the plane who described, IN DETAIL, the almost-crashing-emergency-landing-gear not coming down-experience of the flight he was just on. Now, I'm normally not a nervous Nellie or anything, but even I wanted to tell the guy to SHUT UP!!! LOL! There's only so much you can take. Luckily, we landed in ATL just fine. Got to hotel, ordered Domino's Pizza online (which is pretty cool when you live out in the middle of nowhere), and went to bed because three AM comes pretty early.

A quick explanation of the title...while those things may seem random, in actuality they are all are very important elements of our trip. Don't worry, I'll explain it all IN DUE TIME!!!

Coming up, the official day 1 description!

Oh, and I'm gonna figure out how to post pictures for this. Got some good ones LOL

User Info Menu

Re: Team GRITS, spacers, Greg, swiss cake rolls, and RICE AND BEANS!!

rubbing palms ....

User Info Menu

GerryG, one of the mottos on this trip was, "No one tag these pictures on Facebook!! LOL

User Info Menu

that usually means it's going to be a good report ....

User Info Menu

Yay.. I get to relive my trip! Also remember, I've got some pretty funny pictures I can post as well, so be nice on what u post of me. Maybe I'll just do a picture report. I don't have time to type it all out! Doesn't one picture = 1000 words?

You never see it coming ... and the next thing you know ... UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

User Info Menu

Oh boy, another great trip report!!! Great start and can't wait to hear more..

User Info Menu

Steph, I beg of you...lol. You know I don't even have to say it!!!

User Info Menu

Gerry, it was a great trip! I hope the report does it justice!!

User Info Menu

Woo Hoo!
    I'm ready!

User Info Menu

Thats a great start, keep it coming!