Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Honeymoon is booked!!

User Info Menu

Honeymoon is booked!!

First time poster, long time reader. We booked our honeymoon today. Jan 7th to the 14th at Merrill's II. Since this is our first time to Negril, Merrill's II AI seemed to give us the best of both worlds. Food and drinks when needed and the price gives us the opportunity to experience Negril without feeling like we need to spend all our time at the resort to get our moneys worth. Already have some things I for sure want to do. Dinner at Ivan's is one, of course some snorkeling, and eat some good jerk chicken. We don't plan on being on the go go go all the time, but not planning on spending all the time on the beach either. Rick's is a must do once thing so we can say we been there. And hopefully we'll get to meet Bentley. His laugh just kills me. I don't see us partying like a rockstar (a.k.a gerryg) but hoping for it to be a experience of a life time. hoping this trip gives us enough intel to go non a.i. next time. That being said, any more must do's? Besides Rick's, we are not into the tourist stuff.

Let the count down begin!! Ya Mon!!

P.S.

Anyone else gonna be in Negril the same time?

User Info Menu

Re: Honeymoon is booked!!

this year will be my first too but i have asked for suggestions... the catamaran cruise should take you to ricks and should stop to let you snorkel kill two birds with one stone ehh... the anticipation is killing me

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slugger View Post
    First time poster, long time reader. We booked our honeymoon today. Jan 7th to the 14th at Merrill's II. Since this is our first time to Negril, Merrill's II AI seemed to give us the best of both worlds. Food and drinks when needed and the price gives us the opportunity to experience Negril without feeling like we need to spend all our time at the resort to get our moneys worth. Already have some things I for sure want to do. Dinner at Ivan's is one, of course some snorkeling, and eat some good jerk chicken. We don't plan on being on the go go go all the time, but not planning on spending all the time on the beach either. Rick's is a must do once thing so we can say we been there. And hopefully we'll get to meet Bentley. His laugh just kills me. I don't see us partying like a rockstar (a.k.a gerryg) but hoping for it to be a experience of a life time. hoping this trip gives us enough intel to go non a.i. next time. That being said, any more must do's? Besides Rick's, we are not into the tourist stuff.

Let the count down begin!! Ya Mon!!

P.S.

Anyone else gonna be in Negril the same time?
    Good on you for making the plunge. I would add the Seastar Saturday night show to the bucket list. You can go check out Rick's before sunset, eat dinner at Ivan's during the sunset, and than walk the 400 yards up Seastar lane to the show from Catcha. Rick's is only 2 properties over from Catcha where Ivan's is located, so you just need a ride up to Rick's and a ride back from Seastar.

Also, if you want to take a day trip and check out the countryside a ride out to YS Falls and the Pelican bar is a great experience.
    Last edited by booger; 07-31-2012 at 10:19 PM.

User Info Menu

Congrats Slugger! It'll be awesome! Another option is to do the cat cruise to Rick's another day. (IMO, seeing it from the water would be good enough...even preferable!) Then you could take advantage of Ivan's free hotel pick up on Saturday evening, have dinner and walk over to Seastar.....I'm assuming Seastar would still return you to your hotel at the end of the evening, even if you're just using the return trip?

Booger, do you know what time Seastar makes their rounds to pick you up from your hotel for the Saturday eve buffet and show? I assume they'll only make one curcuit before the buffet starts? We have dinner included in our hotel deal and probably wouldn't be finished until 7:30 or so - is that too late for the free pick up? Thanks!

User Info Menu

Is the SeaStar Sat. night show a package deal including buffet, or can you just purchase the show separately?

User Info Menu

Thanks for the ideas. Been looking into the 100 candle dinner at Ivan's. Not for sure if it is worth it though. The way it looks, dinner there at sunset is romantic enough. January can't get here fast enough!!

User Info Menu

You need to call Seastar and arrange pick up. They make as many trips as needed to pick everyone up.

You can buy a ticket for just the show or the show and buffet.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Maybe Take a day and head to half moon beach or Rhodes hall. Both provide a nice n relaxing time. The snorkeling at half moon was pretty amazing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    Maybe Take a day and head to half moon beach or Rhodes hall. Both provide a nice n relaxing time. The snorkeling at half moon was pretty amazing
    Oh yes swim in the sea on horseback ! Rhodes Hall is So NICE ! Romantic too !
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Oh by the way WELCOME to the board !
    Have a wonderful time !
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool