Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: anybody stay at bourbon beach

User Info Menu

Re: anybody stay at bourbon beach

definitely tempted to do just that!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    marko, how's the security? i stayed next door and heard commotion throughout each night at boubon beach, lots of local traffic throughout the night . . . has that changed any? . . . i have reservations about staying there for that reason.
    security is actually quite good and mi was with 5 guys and none of us had any problems nor any quests have problems......
    there is only one way in and out via some stairs to the second floor rooms so security is very good.......
    the head of security at night use to be a Negril Policemon and he runs a tight ship there........
    the place has quite a bit of activity, so if you aren't use to that, it would take some adjusting........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    security is actually quite good and mi was with 5 guys and none of us had any problems nor any quests have problems......
    there is only one way in and out via some stairs to the second floor rooms so security is very good.......
    the head of security at night use to be a Negril Policemon and he runs a tight ship there........
    the place has quite a bit of activity, so if you aren't use to that, it would take some adjusting........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    so, back to my original statement of a lot of activity all night long, even if it was in april before the new management . . . i don't know, i'd have to rethink a booking there . . . there are a lot of unattended children roaming around bourbon beach during the day and way into the night . . . i was at a bonfire and wonderful music late in april and the same kids that played there all day were still there late into the night begging food . . . it's difficult to watch the kids being shooed away from that property . . . who do they belong to?

User Info Menu

thanks for the replies, I think we are gonna take the deal, hard to beat it...It is only one night for us....our main concern is a/c and safety...I think we can make do...does anyone know if ann still does ...massages and stuff right there near bourbon beach....spent several afternooons hanging out there and became friends with ann....also my wife saw somewhere that artist/carver/rasta garrieth reid was back on the beach, anyone know where to locate him?
    2009 trip http://www.negril.com/cgi-bin/discus.cgi?pg=prev&topic=196641&page=272185

2010 halloween---no TR

trip 2012
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/5589-Trip-report-sept-1-14-including-pelicanbar-catcha-legends-samsara-pubcrawl-etc

trip 2013
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/8323-gettin-my-groove-on-quot-TRIP-report-quot-boardie-bash-style-april21-may11-2013

.trip 2014
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/11962-Trip-report-Boardie-Bash-2014-best-trip-yet

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    there are a lot of unattended children roaming around bourbon beach during the day and way into the night . . .
    we didn't really see any children when we were at Bourbon Beach in July........you sure you are talking about the same place...
    it's an adult place and mi saw a few children with their parents when they came to use the facilities on like a Sunday the parents day off........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by groove16 View Post
    does anyone know if ann still does ...massages and stuff right there near bourbon beach
    yes Ann is next door offering massages.......

Cool Runnings, Marko

User Info Menu

Marko great info..Are all rooms on second floor? Are you saying they have security at the stairs and only guests can go upstairs? I wonder if they'll have this deal in Oct?

Cool Runnings, Marko

User Info Menu

we didn't really see any children when we were at Bourbon Beach in July........you sure you are talking about the same place...
    it's an adult place and mi saw a few children with their parents when they came to use the facilities on like a Sunday the parents day off........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    yes marko, i stayed next door for a solid week in april . . . i'm still going to consider staying there . . . giving the new owner a chance . . .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by duppy_conquror View Post
    Marko great info..Are all rooms on second floor? Are you saying they have security at the stairs and only guests can go upstairs? I wonder if they'll have this deal in Oct?
    there is only one way in and out of the rooms and that is via stairs.........
    and yes all of the rooms are on the second floor of the main building........
    so you'd have to be spiderman to be able to get to the rooms at Bourbon Beach without using the stairs.........
    cause security watching dem stairs like a hawk.....deal ends Sept 30th....snooze you loose........

Cool Runnings, Marko

User Info Menu

I kind of want Marko to be my tourguide. lol.