Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favorite restaurants for lunch?

User Info Menu

Re: Favorite restaurants for lunch?

Coconut Internatioal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yooper bill View Post
    Coconut Internatioal
    What he said...Sheldon/Mrs. Angie never disappoint.

User Info Menu

Xtabi has good food, good prices.

User Info Menu

Where is Coconut intl?

User Info Menu

I agree with everyone!!! Sometimes though for something a little lighter, the grill hut on the beach at Coco LaPalm has a nice cobb salad (besides a decent burger).
    Heavenly Negril Trips:
    Feb '11, May '11, Sept '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Feb '12, Oct '12, Feb '13

User Info Menu

1...One Mile

2...most-any construction site, where usually some-somebody(s) will be sell-ing GOOD-good pure unadulterated Ja-cuisine at a great price ---- stuff is homemade, fresh daily, with the best-est ingredients:::: it's GOT-to be prepared properly & correct or they'll go-OUT of business quick-quick

3...outside almost any Ja-high school (at lunch-time) --- stuff priced appropriately for the Ja-pickney budget, and is VERY-VERY good (additonally *see* comment #2 above, regarding '.construction sites.'

4...cook-shops @ craft market at the Negril airport --- same comments as above. Interestingly, you'll see MANY hotel workers in the area eating there (e.g., from Sandlles/Beaches, former-SandyBay, the Rui's etc etc.)

5...cook-shops in and/around the Negril bus/car park ---- awesome meals der...!!!.. 'cause taxi-man don't want no foolishness when it comes to his food. IF you're in Lucea (@ bus-park) a wider selection & options for similar Ja-delicacies. Probably same-way @/around Sav's bus/taxi park(s).
    oh
    oh
    oh:::::>>> and DO NOT pass-up an opportunity to grab a lunch at the MoBay buspark ---- on my way from the airport to Negril/Lucea, THIS is my FIRST must-stop place for a just-arrived-from-foreign snack/meal.

* sigh *

me hungry just thinking about these places (above)

oh well
    :-(
    lemme hop pon my bike,
    and moozy(sp?) over to HomeDepot parking and see what today the ladies are selling to the day-workers ---- got a taste for a couple of '.papusa.' ---- Hispanic/Spanish/LatinAmerican food is cool, too,,,, BUT Ja is better (to me) .... at least the HomeDepot lot stuff is priced appropriately (as is the case with the Ja-places above).
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

Gotta give JENNY'S a mention! The place is awesome!!! Great food at an inexpensive price!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Twister View Post
    Gotta give JENNY'S a mention! The place is awesome!!! Great food at an inexpensive price!
    Yup & Jenny's was just taken over by C&D's Country Western Bar...so a little mix of both businesses.

User Info Menu

Hmmmmmm the whole experience at Cosmo's

Name:  1 day 2 (800 x 600).jpg
Views: 292
Size:  55.9 KB

Or conch burger at Xtabi

Name:  47b5d736b3127cce944f39097e8a00000026108AbtWLli5Zt6.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  36.7 KB

Niahs anyday

Name:  Niah 1 (800 x 532).jpg
Views: 314
Size:  75.1 KB

Name:  niah 5 (800 x 532).jpg
Views: 296
Size:  58.6 KB

Name:  niahc (800 x 553).jpg
Views: 293
Size:  70.4 KB

Lobster Pizza at Rondel, lobster on the beach, now you have my taste buds going and I'm 40 days away
    I have won many awards in a lifetime of competition and service. But the highest was offered without plaque or fanfare on a hilltop in post Ivan Jamaica. A true Rasta and a dear friend observed "Chet you are like a father of men, you see need and fulfill that need without being asked". Let us be travelers and not tourist.

User Info Menu

I also enjoy the lunch at Annies (formerly Pilots Cafe) - sweet & sour fried chicken w/ rice & peas for about 550JA.

I also often grab box food from Sweet Spot on the road and take it back to the beach to eat.