Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad News :(

User Info Menu

Sad News :(

It is with great sadness that I bring you the news, that Lionel "Tuppy" Wright (Bartender from T-Water)
    has passed away of complications from diabetes. After receiving the news about 6 years ago that he was diabetic, he lost a foot, and lost his sight. He suffered for a very long time. No one should go through what he did. Condolences to all that cared about him.

Finally, you can rest in peace my friend.

User Info Menu

Re: Sad News :(

I remember him well - he was one of the nicest people that I ever met with a great smile. He used to fix me up with the best ever virgin fruit punches down at T-Water in the 1980's. Thx for posting. RIP my brother.

User Info Menu

Lionel was a good man.Was at the T-Water forever.

User Info Menu

lionel was my backgammoon friend on solo trips in the late 70,s he usually beat me. . i remember hanging out with him and spike for many hours. many fond memories., hope he received a decent send off

User Info Menu

Sad news. I can picture him chopping ice in the mornings. He and Spike ran a great bar. So many great memories sitting at T-Water, the good old days of Negril! peace

User Info Menu

It is so sad to grow older and losing long time friends. RIP my friend
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

I also have bad news, Lionel was our friend too and Aug 7th Carol Evens now Carol Heaven married to T- Water taxi man Benji, well Carol also passed away from diabetes complications, we got a call from her daughter Carol-ann that mom was not good, then Benji called . Carol worked with Lionel, she was the cashier and worked the gift shop later.

User Info Menu

so many are dying from diabetes complications, a very wide spread malady on the Island.....
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

I knew about Carol as well. I think that her funeral was last week. She also was ill for quite some time.
    The good ole days at T-Water were some of the best years of my life. Carol was lovely, and had a great sense of humor, and she was my favourite person at the gift shop. If we could only turn back time.
    Thanks for posting about Carol. May she rest in peace.

User Info Menu

Mrs. B and Earl have also passed correct?
    T-Water and its staff are what made us return and fall in love with Negril.
    peace