Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Island odyssey - a must read novel set in negril 1970

User Info Menu

Island odyssey - a must read novel set in negril 1970

ISLAND ODYSSEY is a novel set in Negril, Jamaica in the early 1970s, a pristine fishing village long before it became the tourist resort that it is today. The international counter-culture generation that were seeking a simple life in a Garden of Eden paradise, found this beautiful jewel in the Caribbean and lived out their dreams, little realizing that their innocence, ideals - and money, would influence and forever change the native people they had grown to love so much.

For those who have come to know and love Negril, Jamaica, and are curious about the early origins when Jamaica's independence was less than a decade old, Rastafarianism was a nascent movement, the beat of reggae music was heard by a few discerning ears, and Bob Marley had not yet lit up the world with his music and message of one love, one heart - this is the novel you have been waiting for!

You can purchase a print or eBook copy at: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/francislynn

User Info Menu

Re: Island odyssey - a must read novel set in negril 1970

For those who like to read while on vacation, this is a fun and easy read all about Negril in the early years. You won't want to put it down.
    Francis, Janet and I will be down at Blue Cave in December. When will you be stopping back?

Regards,

Bob

User Info Menu

Isn't this the same book as Island Boys??? I read it and really enjoyed it!

User Info Menu

Yes this book is a must read. The characters are unforgettable. I LOVED this book!!~~~
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

It was originally called Island Boys but someone else had already used that title in a copyrighted book, so Francis changed the name.

Regards,

Bob

User Info Menu

Bob - ASAP - I need a Jamaican fix!

User Info Menu

I just placed an order with Lulu. I am looking forward to reading it.

User Info Menu

just bought the e-book version on Amazon. Looking forward to reading on the beach in February