Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any ideas on Samsara?? First time, dinner??

User Info Menu

Re: Any ideas on Samsara?? First time, dinner??

You may want to take into consideration that the $45 per day/per person "includes" drinks
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

If it includes drinks it will be money well spent but some others had said it is extra to add drinks to the AI. I guess we will have to ask about that.

User Info Menu

We just got back...we stayed at Legends which is Samsara sister property on the beach...u can shuttle for free btween the two and if a/i, u can eat and drink at both places....we had AI cuz of the deal we got...we also ate out a couple of times, but the food at Legends and samsara on the buffet was very good imo....just like any buffet, the timing can be everything, getting it as soon as it comes out of the kitchen, of course is better...smaller on the variety, but 3 meat choices and couple of veges, salads, and fruits on every meal...it is not Ivans or any 5 star, but we enjoyed it...we read the reviews and it is either better now or some expect way too much for a budget price....imo....we had friends visit and it cost 15 per person for buffet, which included a certain number?? of drinks...

bentleys ia also walking distance, since u asked....I have a trip report coming, with a couple of
    2009 trip http://www.negril.com/cgi-bin/discus.cgi?pg=prev&topic=196641&page=272185

2010 halloween---no TR

trip 2012
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/5589-Trip-report-sept-1-14-including-pelicanbar-catcha-legends-samsara-pubcrawl-etc

trip 2013
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/8323-gettin-my-groove-on-quot-TRIP-report-quot-boardie-bash-style-april21-may11-2013

.trip 2014
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/11962-Trip-report-Boardie-Bash-2014-best-trip-yet

User Info Menu

Their food isn't that great and kinda bland. Bentley's is the real deal.

User Info Menu

I opted OUT of doing AI plan for the following reasons:

* Does not include Ciao Jamaica (italian/jamaican restaraunt)
    * 10 am - 10 pm
    * Does NOT include top shelf liquor, Red Stripe, etc.

WRONG. (for me anyways) There are so many great places to eat/drink in the area
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Thank you all for the ideas, greatly appreciated. Thanks for the advice Groove, we realize we are on a budget and not that picky. We leave tomorrow so we are still deciding. I am thrilled to hear Bentley's is in walking distance we will give him a call! It does sound like the food could be hit or miss at Samsara but I have trouble with certain hours to eat the meals. I think you have a two hour window for each meal. It may be easier to just relax and take a walk down the street when we are hungry. I agree with Tizzy but did you spend a great deal more money eating in the area compared to if you would have done AI?

User Info Menu

Not if you do it right. I was on a super low budget for that trip. Few things I would recommend to watch your $$$.

1) Stop at Megamart in Mobay a Collapsible cooler (or bring with you from home). BUy your own bottles of liquor/beer/water/ect and just make a run to store for ice when needed.

2) Try to find the local spots to eat and you will spend a lot less and eat a lot better.

3) Pattys and roadside jerk chicken box meals. Yep

It is possible....and deBest part is....instead of spending all that time sitting in the same restaurant at Samsara, you will be out there experiencing more of Jamrock. Fun stuff
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Almost forgot there's a jerk stand right outside of the No Limit Bar (10 minute walk from SamSara) called BGrill ~ Bernard has Soups (Conch & Chicken Foot), Seafood (Fish, Lobster & Shrimp) Jerk Chicken (whole, half & quarter) & Side Dishes (Pumpkin Rice, Breadfruit, Corn & Roasted Potatoes) ~ here's his number if you'd like to call ahead 876-573-2022
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

Tizzy I like the way you think...we have a budget but not so much that we can't eat at the local areas and experience more than just sitting at the resort. I figure $225 a person at Samsara for AI for five days could be better spent at the local places. Obviously eating within reason and not lobster every night and Pat, thank you again, I will be calling! Sounds perfect, we like to explore and walk so this will be on our list, we aren't the Ivan's type so Bentley and Bernard will be seeing us.

User Info Menu

Bentley's is actually quite close to Samsara. It's the nearest big hotel. Pee Wees for drinks and Teds at Blue Cave for lobster thermadore are also good choices. Even for 45 per person, the Samsara deal will barely be worth it -- you can always have Seastar Inn deliver to your hotel, and they have big portions for low prices and no delivery charge.