Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: **Tizzy's Trip to the MOON report**

User Info Menu

Re: **Tizzy's Trip to the MOON report**

No, I didn't think you were coming on at all lol. I think he's gotten used to it happening on occasion, and was being funny. Sometimes his humor comes across different in text BUt yes I totally got where you were coming from and agree that one just should not be slowed down by all that noise. Life is too short. FULLjoy!!

I don't think I'm alone when I say any and all the pics that you share on this board are appreciated. I especially love seeing the pictures of Negril from times past. I envy all the boardies that share stories and photos of the "old Negril" but am so thankful ya'll are here to give me a glimpse
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Bob Marley's House on Hope Road in Kingston 1980 (before he died)

Name:  Bob Marley's House Kingston.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  104.4 KB

User Info Menu

Tizzy, I can no longer lurk after seeing the posts about bringing your kids to Jamaica. I first brought mine when they were 5 and 8, and they've been back 5 times since then, and are now 14 and 17! The lessons they've learned there and the exposure to a culture different than the "gimme, gimme, gimme" here in the States has been valuable beyond words. Highly recommend it!!

Some pics as they've grown through the years:

Name:  Nancy&Garys wedding 4-22-06 016_edited.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  54.9 KB
    Name:  DSC00523.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  92.4 KB
    Name:  Jamaica July 2013.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  78.5 KB

User Info Menu

Hi Jamerican!! Thnk so much for popping in here, and for sharing about your experience travelling with your boys. I appreciate that so much. You have a beautiful family and its pretty obvious that yall have a great time together. Nothing better than that!! Love the pics

JohnG that is way cool!
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    Yea Tizzy,

Don't know Booger and was a little surprised by his post but now I get the picture. I have visited Negril more times than I can remember and most often took a camera with me so hence on most of my posts I add some pics. I'm sure you understand that I wasn't coming on or anything but just wishing that a person (you) who seems to have an uphill battle can fight through the noise and enjoy your life, especially with your kids. Thanks for your kind words about my boys, they get their good looks from their Mom luckily. I love my boys more than life itself and the point I was making about getting to Negril sooner than later is that who knows what the future brings so live life the fullest you can now. In a blink of an eye your children will be grown and out of the house so any real high quality time you can spend with them is the best investment in everybody's future, memories never to be forgotten.
    Best Regards

Attachment 30264
    Johng,
    You have two handsome young men! So nice they got to experience Negril with you. My kids love going to Negril, and we always have a blast there together. And, for what its worth, I don't think you have said anything inappropriate to Tizzy. I think your comments have all been very nice and respectful. Enjoyed your beautiful photos, too! Thanks for sharing them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TizzyATX View Post
    JohnG, no worries LOL, I think he had a couple rum drinks last night and put on his big brother cape :-) It's looking like I might make it to Negril with Thing 1 and Thing 2 sooner than I had been thinking!! Very exciting! Absolutely they make my world a beautiful place. In the past my trips to Negril were a little break from the grind at home, from being mom (and dad) A week of letting loose and having some grown folk fun to recharge that young at heart spirit haha BUT I'm really looking forward to the next trip being all about showing my children the island and culture that I have fallen so hard for. It's going to be SO different lol. Anyways, Thanks so much for your nice post and for sharing the photos of your boys, then and now. Really nice looking young men you've raised. And Props 2 you for giving them the opportunity to experience a different world at such a young impressionable age, I'm sure they are so grateful for that and will always cherish those memories

BOOGER!!!!! so stoked
    Tizzy, that's such awesome news that you decided to bring your kids with you to Negril!!! I know it will be a much different kind of trip for you with them along, but I think you will still have a lot of fun, especially seeing everything new again thru their eyes! So excited for you and for them! Yay!

User Info Menu

Day 6 cont.

The plan for the last night was to set off Chinese lanterns at Ivans. Well several people brought more than enough. Should we do a practice launch? YES of course we should. Made sense especially in hindsight…all the issues with crashing and whatnot.

Name:  Ivans lantern.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  67.4 KB

Name:  Lanterns 6.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  48.7 KB

Somewhere in the mix, a few of us got into a little trouble. I want to say Jon started it by jumping from the railing at Ivans, closest to the cliff edge (Never try this folks). I guess me and Sandie dove in after that. Barbara told us to get our crazy selves out of the water.
    No arguments.

Name:  NiteJump2.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  44.8 KB

Name:  Nite Jump.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  40.7 KB

Name:  nitejump4.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  42.8 KB

Daisy said I tried REAL hard to convince her that now was the perfect time to get over her all her fears...she should leap right off a cliff at night into rough waters that are hiding lionfish and sea urchins. She opted out. I told her I'd protect her lolol
    Anyways I'm guessing that's what's going on in this pic...

Name:  Lanterns2.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  45.9 KB

Although we are all three very strong swimmers, I want to be the first to say that jumping under those conditions was stupid and I don’t recommend it. I’ve really given a lot of second thought to diving/swimming in less than ideal conditions, since the most recent tragedies at Catcha Falling Star. Please always exercise extreme caution when jumping the cliffs on the west end.
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

And it’s a Success. We are official lantern launchers. They are awesome…

Name:  Lanterns3.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  46.8 KB

Name:  lanterns.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  26.4 KB

Name:  lanterns 4.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  57.7 KB

Here it goes...

Name:  Lanterns5.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  37.0 KB

Aint that something?!

Name:  Lantern.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  14.3 KB

Ivan’s is fun and all, but it does close down at 10 PM so…

We’re going to DeBar for Jerk chicken and cold beer YAY!
    Last edited by TizzyATX; 08-29-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Eden,
    Thanks for your kind words. I'm sure your kids are very grateful for your love and kindness!!! I am blessed in what I have in my life and I'm sure you feel the same. My favorite mantra is "Count your blessings, not your problems".

Positive Vibrations!!

Name:  Misty Waterfall.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  90.7 KB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWhCJXOVK18
    Last edited by johng; 08-29-2013 at 05:27 PM.

User Info Menu

Tizz the night I met Booger I was pretty far out there after drinking 2 or 16 scotch on the rocks. I came within a second of stripping and going off the cliffs that night at Ivan's, but Mrs. DD talked me off the ledge (again!) instead we went back to CSA that night and got yelled at for skinny dipping. The next day I thought about it and thanked her for saving me from not making a good decision.