I guess everyone starts by reflecting on our past trips, so here goes...Been married to my lovely wife, Janet, for 23 years this sept...For most of our years together we took a week in september in florida, mostly daytona, for vacation. We have no kids, I play alot of softball, and florida has a lot of world tournaments in sept to play in to start off my vacation. Fast forward to 2009, Janet found a can't miss deal on Negril at the Grand Pineapple. Being a wannabe hippie(my dad was strict and tough, his brother a hippie to the fullest, by the time I was teeenager in late 70's, hippies were phasing out}I had always wanted to go to Jamaica, so I'm game to give it a try. I hear the subs are pretty good there, hehehe....So we go, have the time of our lives (trip report in my signature), and haven't been to florida since cept to play ball for the weekend a couple of times. We went back halloween 2010, no trip report due to prolonged illness and loss of my mother and her sister, but returned this year for much needed relief from the pressures of our everyday life.

I do have quite a few pictures from 2010 trip including halloween dress up, negril before during and after a tropical depression, I was about 100 yards from the Mickey Hill incident, didn't see anything, but will never forget the loud shot, and the mass confusion and everything that went with that mess, Rhodes hall, I may post some of these later, I just looked at these for the first time, my mom got sick as soon as we got back.

Ok we are the type that hate the travel days, so we feel we would rather stay longer vs going more often...Labor day is usually a big softball weekend, so we planned to leave Monday, Janet found a great deal for A/I for legends, (we r not a/i people, but...) we also wanted to try a coiple days on the west end, so with the deal cuz of construction at catcha, we added 3 days there. We are beach people and felt we would be bored on the cliffs, esp me, but wanted to try. Friday party at LTU, sat at seastar, 100 candles at ivans for annivesary surprise, we will be ok, then added a few days back at legends to end the trip.

well, softball trip cancelled, so we have extra day or two on our hands. we enjoyed rhodes hall our last reach, Janet and Anita at rhodes hall had a good time together, foound the best subs ever near there, and lets just stay there for one night. we will get some jerk from biggas, relax on the long travel day, and bust in on negril all rested up. good plan. never got a response to several emails to rhodes hall or phone calls to anita. change of plans. saw the deal at bourbon beach, and so we will try this for one night...a little worried cause we never noticed that they had rooms there, and on our last trip in 2010, a big sailboat was in the middle of the dancefloor cause of the storm, and bourbon beach was not really open for business. but our friend ann was right behind the stage. so lets do it....so here we go....