Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Airport transfers - who do you use?

User Info Menu

Re: Airport transfers - who do you use?

We just got back from 2 weeks in Negril and used Rocky's Taxi and Tours http://www.rockystaxiandtourservice.com/ not only for our Airport transfers but a great day trip to YS Falls & Pelican Bar as well as some rides to the cliffs & town. He drove us a few times, but also Presley and Wayne his other drivers helped out. We can't say enough about their professionalism, his promptness and all three of them having a great personality! We WILL use them again and recommend them to any and all friends.

User Info Menu

Clives has always been great i use them to get to Runaway Bay, to Ocho Rios, To Negril and airport always very reasonable and never left me hanging. Taxi's for everything else or tour buses out to destinations.

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

I used Kenny (Jamaica@gmail) in February. He did not have any drinks for us on arrival as promised via email (not the biggest concern, but would have been nice after 12 hours to get there) and he then asked for the full amount (the return to the airport fee as well) up front. That was not in our arrangement via email and I wouldn't do it again...I was uncomfortable with that.

User Info Menu

This time we are using Joe Cool. He has been mentioned on here and has a 5 star rating on TA.

"Don't be no cloud on a sunny day" - Volkswagen's "Get Happy" Super Bowl ad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2nutz4travel View Post
    Flying would be awesome - does it really save any time though? Is that $75 PP? I actually enjoy the drive, gives me time to relax after the flying & airport chaos
    We used to fly Timair every year when staying at couples, but since we discovered how much more we like the cliffs, not going that route anymore. I think the time savings is nominal if you are staying on the west end, as you have to transfer to the shuttle area (faster now than it used to be as it's all in the airport... Used to take a van to get to the Tim air area.), and then once you get to the negril airport, there is another taxi ride. Plus, if memory serves, last year it was ~$225/person round trip. It is a fun way to get there however, as you get the birds eye view of the coastline. New now just get the taxi, as the time savings are really not all that great. Tim air service was absolutely fantastic, but after nearly 15 years of going to Jamaica, those planes are starting to worry me... I am a big guy, and they usually had me sit up front next to the pilot in the jumpers, and I told my wife last time that was it .

User Info Menu

We've used Kenny dozens of times and would definitely recommend him.

Kenny has provided reliable, safe transportation to and from the airport for not only my wife and I but also my child and my mother as well as family friends we've talked into traveling and introduced to Kenny over the phone or email.

Additionally we have used Kenny for day adventures to the falls, sight seeing, or shopping at other spots thru out the island as wells as nights out to parties that were miles and miles off the usual tourist path. Not only did Kenny make sure we were safe but also that we had an incredible good time and never taken advantage of price wise. The guy is awesome and will go to incredible lengths to take care of his clients.

To us his customer service is absolutely incredible, his personality loveable, and his prices a bargain.

We started out as customers but are now proud to say that Kenny has become a dear family friend.

Kenny can be reached at xxxxx (contact information removed pending confirmation of legal red plate status).

Jamb
    Last edited by Ruby; 10-14-2012 at 05:15 PM.

User Info Menu

have used mostly JUTA....and used Clives a lot when he was $20 one way shared...
    and have used Kenny xxxxx.... there are more than one Kenny so use xxxxx.....

Kenny is the best guy to use when there are two or three people......$60 one way.....so for two people it's $30 one way
    Kenny had to wait an extra two hours at the airport as my buddies flight was delayed......and wi both left from the same airport.....lol
    Kenny stopped at MegaMart in MoBay......Biggas in Green Island for soup and jerk chicken......and the Cambio in Negril........
    and can't say enuff about the service when they make those stops....and it was still only $60 for the two of us.....good deal

for years mi used Clives as he was the same price as JUTA.....but not recently....and Clives would make the stops like Kenny too...

used JUTA this summer and at $18 one way shared to the beach it couldn't be beat........
    they usually had us out of there from anywhere from 20 minutes to about 40 minutes........
    mi usually had to wait while they found another four people to fill up da van......
    and then off to Negril but if all the passengers don't want to stop.......you go straight to Negril

though when mi return and stay on da Cliffs.....mi have a major decision to make.........
    do mi pay $25 to JUTA cause they charge dat for the Cliffs now......or do mi go with Clives at $30?
    good chance mi ride will be solo even though mi only paying for shared....dat is how it usually goes with Clives...
    think mi already know mi answer.......but der is no rush to make da reservation quite yet......

oh.......had a lot of buddies use this Viator company for $30 R/T and it's a nightmare.....not worth it
    took one guy 3 hours to get to Negril....and another guy got picked up in Negril 6 hours before his flight.....

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Last edited by Ruby; 10-15-2012 at 09:46 PM.
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Joe Cool Taxi And Tours. Great guy and fair rates.
    [http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Taking all factors into account including the discomfort of riding a big bus, CLIVES is probably the best overall in terms of service, consistency and value ....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    Have you ever though of flying there? 12mins from Mo Bay & your there. I fly there...cab back. Use to fly both ways when it was cheap...$50..each way. $75 now
    Yes, since traveling with our young kids we have chosen to fly in from Mobay as well. I actually enjoy the car ride to Negril, and stopping off to grab some food, but with two little ones along, it just makes more sense to get there faster! And, the view from little plane gives some awesome aerial views of Negril.