Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone ever use or need a doctors slip to stay longer?

User Info Menu

Re: Anyone ever use or need a doctors slip to stay longer?

Not extending a stay but along the same lines. I'd rented some of my TS time & the person had to cancel. Sigh... I was going back home only to go on vacation w/ my on & off boyfriend. Turned out some crazy ex of his (during one of our off periods) wanted another chance & he decided to give it to her (Didn't work out - ha ha. I warned him.) I went home, did laundry, & booked a flight back to Negril. I was back 2 days after I left. It was that much of a delay because I had to stay overnight in MoBay due to plane problems. Nutshell... got home a day late, talked w/ him, booked my flight back, got another week in Negril. I could have waited a year for my next trip... nah!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TizzyATX View Post
    We DEF need to see about getting an alibi booth for Negril haha That is too funny!
    I'm going to need one of these in January! I am supposed to be back to work on the 3rd but booked my ticket to return the 5th. Still trying to figure out what excuse I'm going to use. lol.
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

Seveen its been too long! us old timers need to keep intouch better lol.Just playing on the board again made me feel like nudgeing some useful info to the newbies that dont know the dr slips are available....hope to see you pon di rock. bless Tatt. ps still have da shirt_. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveen View Post
    i have been extended thanks to air jamaica several times - one time got extended so long - i knew i had to leave and get back to work

i want to invent a little machine that when you call your work and report that you are not coming in - you can choose a hurricane background sound or an ambulance background sound, hospital sounds or a airport delay background sound . . .

never got a doctor's note -- good thought though! lol

User Info Menu

A few years ago my stay was extended by a hurricane. Didn't hit the island directly but it messed the airport up enough that there were no planes. I had an extra 3 days!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Anyone ever use or need a doctors slip to stay longer?

Wow Baghera, thats my story too..my first trip to JA our trip was extended by 4 days due to Hurricane Dean...but WE were newbies and nervous during that time and couldnt wait to leave and go home...NOW! I would pay a hurricane to hit but do NO damage for an extended stay! LOL
    Last edited by love2travelchic; 11-01-2012 at 12:36 PM.

User Info Menu

lol...you need to be in charge of all Hurricanes ..."hit and No damage"..that would be great...........
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

No, but we tried to bribe a captain and first officer (if at first you don't suceed ....) on Air Canada! Didn't work.

User Info Menu

Last trip we extended by 4 days before we even left, didn't tell anybody that we had done it. Called my boss on the day we were supposed to be leaving and told her that my ears did not equalize after my dive the day before and was told I couldn't fly until they did ..... she ended up taking that time out of my sick days instead of my vacation because it was "out of my control" ....... man I hope she doesn't read this board
    https://www.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/4;10747;126/st/20230508/e/Negril+Bound/dt/-2/k/37c0/event.png

User Info Menu

Rambo yea man I'm working on it! Hahaha