Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Scooter Rental Pricing too High?

User Info Menu

Scooter Rental Pricing too High?

Jah quoted me a price of $35 a day for a 5 day scooter rental. That seemed awfully high off season (Nov). I don't think we have ever paid more than $25, but we have never rented from anyone but Banmark in the past so I don't have alot of experience elsewhere.
    Its been a few years since we were last there. And we have never traveled to JA in the last fall season.

I know there is no certain answer to this question, but from a opinion standpoint does anyone feel I could get a better deal once on the island? I have a list of some other rental companies.

User Info Menu

Re: Scooter Rental Pricing too High?

CC...yes prices have been rising the past 2-3 years due to...of course fuel & insurance costs for them. I rent from Pento every year...2013 will be my 8th year renting from him & he always takes care of me. I always call ahead to reserve bike. Use to rent from Tanka (they're gone) way back in the late 80's thru the 90's when Pento was just a youngster working for them. His place is across from Negril Gardens on the Blvd. 876-412-8607 is his cell #. Tell him Jack from Chicago refered you...can't hurt! Good Luck.

User Info Menu

Too high. Prices are LOWER than they used to be. Twenty per day for five days is a deal almost everyone will accept.

User Info Menu

Jah B's own website says $25 for scooter rental:
    http://www.negril.com/jahbs/bike.htm

User Info Menu

Approach every transaction as if you're buying fireworks in Tijuana ....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    Approach every transaction as if you're buying fireworks in Tijuana ....
    LMAO...aint that the truth...
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

Mattmon is correct I noticed the website said $25 as well. Matter of fact the website says nothing about a $35 rental of any kind.
    I emailed them and asked the question why its $10 higher a day.

I'm not going jump to conclusions, but its hard not to do so when the price is stated on their website and its off season. It makes you go hmmmmm.....

User Info Menu

Jah B's web site is a few years old and thats why there's a difference in price

User Info Menu

Wait till you arrive and deal with the owners one on one for the best deals.

User Info Menu

I just dont get this pre booking a scooter in the slow season. As stated many times on this board every scooter rental place has plenty of scooters available. Just walk up, ask the price and then give he or she your price($20 or $25) and if they say no then just walk away. Chances are they will chase you and accept the deal. Pre booking is such a bad idea.