Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Of all the Negril hotels and eats no longer around, which one do you miss the most?

User Info Menu

Re: Of all the Negril hotels and eats no longer around, which one do you miss the mos

When was the Wharf Club Bar & Restaurant last in business?? And what is there now?? How about the Wharf Club Store which was across the street??

Also does anybody remember the Bread Basket Bakery located in the Villa's Plaza??

User Info Menu

Re: Of all the Negril hotels and eats no longer around, which one do you miss the mos

We enjoyed the Pickled Parrot too and miss that, but our every trip included a lunch or dinner at Buddy's Beach Bar at Wild Parrot on Long Bay. It's not always easy to get a really good Margarita in Jamaica. but my wife LOVED the Margaritas there! The Fish Tacos were the best in Negril for my money. Wild Parrot is no more, and I have not stopped in since the new management took over there but when I stagger past there next trip I will! Anyone have any info what what is located there now, and how it is for lunch?
    Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

Kaisers Cafe , Pickled Parrot and For Real Bar.

User Info Menu

The Chinese restaurant at the Yacht Club.

User Info Menu

Name:  Peewee1.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  40.2 KB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RoyinNC View Post
    We enjoyed the Pickled Parrot too and miss that, but our every trip included a lunch or dinner at Buddy's Beach Bar at Wild Parrot on Long Bay. It's not always easy to get a really good Margarita in Jamaica. but my wife LOVED the Margaritas there! The Fish Tacos were the best in Negril for my money. Wild Parrot is no more, and I have not stopped in since the new management took over there but when I stagger past there next trip I will! Anyone have any info what what is located there now, and how it is for lunch?
    Thanks!
    The Wild Parrot has reverted back to Sunquest Cottages. If there is even a restaurant there at all, the menu must be minor because I didn't notice any activity there on my past few trips. When Buddy's Beach Bar was there, the owners brought in an accomplished chef from the US (Philadelphia, actually) to create that awesome menu comprised of fresh ingredients that can only be found in Jamaica. Sadly, the original owners took over from the folks that were running Wild Parrot, and now Buddy's is no more.

User Info Menu

The Original "Norma's" for dinner.................and Sherita's for Breakfast.............

User Info Menu

Saw the mention of Miss Sonias for patties. I heard her kids were running it? Is it still open? or did we lose another favorite?

JC

User Info Menu

Last time I was there, Sonia was there, but her grandson Brian was doing the cooking.

User Info Menu

Pickled Parrot, Kaisers,23/7, Petes and all the little bars up in Red Ground were sometimes you would not make it down to the beach for weeks at a time.