Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Of all the Negril hotels and eats no longer around, which one do you miss the most?

User Info Menu

Re: Of all the Negril hotels and eats no longer around, which one do you miss the mos

For Real, their beachfront rooms and great beach bar! Pickled Parrot and DeBus.

User Info Menu

Re: Of all the Negril hotels and eats no longer around, which one do you miss the mos

Quote Originally Posted by Brian@Chicago View Post
    T-Water, only because it was the first place I stayed in Negril. It pains me to see it is ruins still after all these years.
    It was our first place in Negril too. We always walk down and visit it and toast our me,priests with a cold Red Stripe.

User Info Menu

Reviving this thread. I so wish someone had bought T-Water and fixed it up. So many memories of 5 stays there...Joy Cooper in security...Earl...Lionel and Spike at the bar...Paul the young kid who made my husband banana milkshakes when he had a stomach bug and couldn't get anything else down...Lloyd making his baskets and selling sugar cane at the bar. The sweet doggie with the abcess on her neck who took up residence on our patio one trip...Miss Bea's great breakfasts. It was a place where my husband was happiest and with him being gone now I wish I could scatter/bury his ashes there...but will find someplace else to do it.

Favorite story: There was one year when a fellow named Wayne Sharp was the chef. He was terrific; the food that year was unbelievably good. He came to NYC that fall and we took him to a Greek restaurant. He'd never been to a place like this and asked for plain rice which they wouldn't give him because it wasn't on the menu (it was kind of a snooty Greek restaurant). The waiter thought he was a real pain until he let slip that he was a chef in Jamaica. Well. Suddenly it was all smiles, and free wine, and tastings of all kinds of things. Then we went down to Little Italy to Caffe Reggio for cappuccinos. It was a wonderful time. The next year we went back to the T-Water and he was no longer there. I don't know where he ended up. The happiest memories I have of all the years my husband and I were together were those stays at T-Water. He really felt at home there.

User Info Menu

Hackwriter, sorry for your loss...what sweet memories you have...thanks for sharing!

User Info Menu

I loved the little For Real beach bar!

Some of my best memories of my visits to Negril were at that bar. Met lots of interesting folks from all over Jamaica, and the world there. Spent many a night there until the very wee hours of the morning. Great Spot. Sorely missed!!!!!

User Info Menu

Daddy Ronnies for Breakfast and Jerk Chicken at De Buss
    Rosalie
    Once u go u know

User Info Menu

Forgot Pickled Parrot for Pumpkin Soup
    Rosalie
    Once u go u know

User Info Menu

The Old "Norma's"..............

User Info Menu

It's probably been mentioned several times in the early thread but our fave was Pete's on the beach north of beach club & T-Water. Little wooden house on the beach with 4 picnic tables on the beach. No matter what you ordered you got garlic lobster with rice & peas. If it started to rain two guys would run out pick up your table. & run up the steps & inside with it. One time spent the evening listening to his mama or wife chewing his a** , all night. I'll never forget the lungs on that woman. Lol. Probably gone 20 years. Does any one know what is in its place today???

User Info Menu

No question Pee Wee's across from Ten Sing Pen! Pee Wee, Gus, Franklin, Princess, Winsome, and all that crew! Great times and better food. Grumpy! If any one sees Gus please tell him Randy says hello he will know!