Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Currency exchange

User Info Menu

Currency exchange

Can anyone in Negril share with me the current exchange rate at the cambio? tanks for the help

User Info Menu

Re: Currency exchange

Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    Can anyone in Negril share with me the current exchange rate at the cambio? tanks for the help
    this a a great site to check all world curreny www.xe.com

User Info Menu

I have a dumb question.
    The cambio is only for changing Travelers Checks or US$ into Ja$ correct. If you need cash from your debit card you have to go to the bank. Is this correct?
    This is only our 3rd non all inclusive trip. The first one we brought traveler's checks which didn't work well because they wouldn't accept my husbands signature. They said it looked too different. The 2nd trip we just brought cash so that worked fine but this time we are staying for 2 weeks and we don't want to bring that much cash. Hate the thought of spending our time in line at a bank.

Sorry to hijack your thread murph. Hope you don't mind.

User Info Menu

This is a widget that is very accurate to the hour

CurrencyConverter v1.9.3 available at the app. store
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

There are ATM's in various places around Negril. Here is more info:

http://negril.com/nt/nt060512.htm

User Info Menu

Today's current rate is 90ja to 1us

MoFromMonroe: I have only used cash at the Cambio for exchanging money from US to JA. There is a Scotia Bank just past the Roundabout that will give you US and JA from the ATM. Just keep a handy currency converter with you so you know how much Jamaican dollars you are taking out. $200ja is not $200us. Also, check with your bank, some banks in the US are affilated with Scotia bank and will not charge you fees.
    http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Scotia Bank and Bank of America are part of the Global ATM Alliance. Customers at either Bank can use the ATMs without fees.

Even though it has been a few years since my last reach... Scotia Bank in the Round a bout was always convenient for using my Bank of America ATM card for cash withdrawals. Unless of course it was closed for Holiday!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_ATM_Alliance

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MoFromMonroe View Post
    Sorry to hijack your thread murph. Hope you don't mind.
    Actually Mo- the current exchange rate for hijacking a thread is one red stripe! Oh wait, its actually 1 COLD red stripe! hahaha

User Info Menu

I had problems in the past using ATMs if I didn't call my credit card company first..So I always make the call before I get there just in case

User Info Menu

Thanks all.
    @Murph-I owe you one!