Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Negril Tree House -- anyone wish to share their thoughts on this place?

User Info Menu

Negril Tree House -- anyone wish to share their thoughts on this place?

I may be traveling solo and wonder if this might be a good place to stay. Safe? Also thinking of renting a bike to get to town. I've never been so I have no idea if that is a common thing. thanks.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Re: Negril Tree House -- anyone wish to share their thoughts on this place?

I haven't stayed there but I'm sure it is safe. I have traveled to Negril, Mobay, Sav and Grange Hill solo and I've never had a problem. Also, Gail who is either the manager or owner of the Treehouse is a frequent poster on here.

User Info Menu

IMHO..This is one of the safest and best beach properties. Have no fear
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

We stayed at Treehouse in 2011 and found had a great time. The rooms were clean and very nice, the staff were friendly and helpful, the food was good, and we never felt there was a security issue either in the room or on the beach.
    I can't advise on the bike. We took a taxi when we went down town. About half the time we went somewhere we were bringing back things we purchased and I would not have wanted to do that on bikes.
    [http://daisypath.com]

User Info Menu

treehouse has a great gift shop i discovered last week . . . stayed next door, treehouse seems to be quiet . . .

User Info Menu

many solo trips @ tree house .... no problem. security is good and beach vendors know "their limits" there. staff is friendly and most helpful.....simply ask for what u need. safe box in room. rooms are spacious and clean with nice verandas to hang out on with the new friends u r sure to meet. beach is wide with plenty chairs and clean. owner, ms Gail is often seen picking up trash on beach. pool is clean. i don't care much for public hot tubs however tree house tub seems ok. there r several massage therapists onsite. free wifi in lobby and signal will reach some areas of the beach. i consider the end of the beach where tree house is located to be "more quiet" than closer to downtown however there is plenty to do day and nite within walking distance. using the same caution i would anywhere, i have never felt uncomfortable walking the beach or road day or nite. love the morning breakfast buffet included in your room price. much variety of food... grill on beach during the day plus regular menu with much variety. mr Chin cooks some delightful oriental food.

User Info Menu

The Treehouse is becoming a favourite. A size that is big enough for some privacy but small enough that the staff know your names. The owner Gail is onsite and day to day involved in the hotel and the community. She is constantly improving Treehouse and it is quickly climbing the Tripadvisor rankings. A good sign. Great buffet breakfast and restaurant but also close to some local options. The beach is beautiful private and the vendors know and respect the limits. Not a party place but nice vibe at the bar. I think it would be one of the better places for solo women on the beach. Just watch out for the paddle board instructor. She will try to get you out of bed at sunrise for an paddle.

User Info Menu

We have stayed there many times and recommended to many friends who have all loved it. My parents are staying there in December. Safe and secure and very accommodating. Gail, the owner and boardie gailnegril, is a fantastic hostess and a creative and socially conscious hotelier. The breakfast buffet is alone is worth it but that's just the beginning. You will love Treehouse!
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

The Treehouse is home to me never a problem
    that which does not kill you makes you stronger

User Info Menu

We've stayed there several years in a row. It's clean and safe and the staff is friendly. We usually walk to the roundabout and I cannot imagine a bicycle being a problem...