Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 53 of 78 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerry G's TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR Final Chapter -- The Mighty Californian's return

User Info Menu

Re: Gerry G's TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR Final Chapter -- The Mighty Californian's return

Now I am in my element, out on the open road on the Cliffs cruising along in my motor scooter. I know every turn by now, and I just can’t get enough of meandering my way through what might indeed be the most beautiful scenery the world has ever seen – not including the party girls.

I love meeting tourists from all over the world. There were a batch of ‘em on the Love Bus Pub Crawl. I caught them on the first stop at Sunset After Dark; as sort of an experiment, I figured I would compare their behavior to how they be on the last stop, back at Seastar in a couple of hours or so. In the meantime, I headed to the mini-boardie at Canoe Bar, an event that wasn’t so mini because there were a lot of us there – Jim n Donna, whom I met once or twice before, along with others including Rob and Lisa, whom I had not seen in six months.

It was nice.

Marko, the gray-haired converted Jamaican who even talks in Patois sometimes because the man simply cannot get enough of Negril, cruised along by chance in his bicycle. I was chillin near the front with fattyonthetrock (great guy), and we summoned Marko over. Marko just loves it out here, and he is always in a great mood. He has helped me a lot through the years.

User Info Menu

Re: Gerry G's TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR Final Chapter -- The Mighty Californian's return

19 more days for us gerry, we really need your posts to help get us through the wait :-)
    Thanks.

User Info Menu

Here are some pics:

Name:  22 lobster.jpg
Views: 2890
Size:  93.6 KB

Good day spear-fishing

Name:  22 nicky.jpg
Views: 2939
Size:  89.4 KB

Seastar Inn server Nicky

Name:  22 shaky.jpg
Views: 2988
Size:  94.6 KB

Seastar Inn Shakey

User Info Menu

Here is a video hanging out with fellow boardie Chickster (awesome guy) at Catcha Falling Star with my regular server Nichollette.

User Info Menu

I took a ride up to Westender Inn, my second-fav spot to hang in Negril, and I was surprised Negril Bill was no longer working there. Sheldon, a familiar server, said Bill left shortly after new management took over. Also, no lionfish there today, so I had to improvise. I had some fries and enjoyed myself. It’s a fun place to hang with kind of a country feel.

Later I went to Catcha Falling Star and said hi to the bartender Kevin, who has served me many drinks through the years.

I had a piece of chocolate cake and enjoyed the Sunset. At this time of year, the sunset at Catcha is right in the middle of the property, just perfect. I am feeling so at home. I am having the best time in Negril ever. God I would love to move here.

So many expats I’ve met already live here and love it. But alas I have a job and two young daughters at home, so I can’t make the move. But if I ever cash in all my chips and talk my walk into the sunset, here is where I want to be.

I can’t be more clear: If you’re looking for the time of your life, a week to remember forever, come to Negril. Most of the folks here are repeat visitors are live here part time or even full time. Most newbies, once they arrive, never travel to another destination like Cancun or Hawaii. Once you go, you know. And the one thing I am sure abnout is the best times are yet to come. I have an urge to live up it to fullest extent, a strong desire to have as much fun as possible. A perfect combo. Ya mon, ya mon, ya mon.

User Info Menu

Gerry; that sums it up nicely.
    I'll be there a week from Monday to enjoy all dat.

User Info Menu

I really enjoyed being there in Dec. Its different than March/April I actually want to go twice a year now.
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    I took a ride up to Westender Inn, my second-fav spot to hang in Negril, and I was surprised Negril Bill was no longer working there. Sheldon, a familiar server, said Bill left shortly after new management took over. Also, no lionfish there today, so I had to improvise. I had some fries and enjoyed myself. It’s a fun place to hang with kind of a country feel.

Later I went to Catcha Falling Star and said hi to the bartender Kevin, who has served me many drinks through the years.

I had a piece of chocolate cake and enjoyed the Sunset. At this time of year, the sunset at Catcha is right in the middle of the property, just perfect. I am feeling so at home. I am having the best time in Negril ever. God I would love to move here.

So many expats I’ve met already live here and love it. But alas I have a job and two young daughters at home, so I can’t make the move. But if I ever cash in all my chips and talk my walk into the sunset, here is where I want to be.

I can’t be more clear: If you’re looking for the time of your life, a week to remember forever, come to Negril. Most of the folks here are repeat visitors are live here part time or even full time. Most newbies, once they arrive, never travel to another destination like Cancun or Hawaii. Once you go, you know. And the one thing I am sure abnout is the best times are yet to come. I have an urge to live up it to fullest extent, a strong desire to have as much fun as possible. A perfect combo. Ya mon, ya mon, ya mon.
    Pretty True. I went to Negril for the first time in May 2012.

returned in November 2012
    December 2012
    April 2013
    August 2013
    Jan 2014 Week from tomorrow.
    April 2014 Tix bought

User Info Menu

Tonight we had some action on Seastar Lane right in front of the great hotel, as a vicious fist fight broke out and was on the brink of evolving into a rock-throwing melee -- between two 10-year-old boys.

There were a bunch of adults present, but no one did a thing. Lenbert and the Seastar security guy broke it up. Lenbert was running a bar crawl at the time, and I guess a group of kids regularly follow along and try to win tips from the customers, and that's how the fight started.

Lenbert did a really good of breaking it up. He is a big guy, about 6-3, 200 pounds, and he just grabbed the kid by arm and would not let go, though the kid still was clutching a rock.

I happen to be right at the gate at the time, hangin with Kevin from Norway. It was dark outside, too. The kids were really intent on hurting each other. It's the second time through the years that I've seen a fight between little kids on the lane, and I must say Jamaican kids fight HARD.

User Info Menu

The familair faces are what brings me back to Seastar Inn. I so enjoy seeing Chris again, the jovial Canadian transplant with a wild life story who ended up marrying the most beautiful Jamaican in Negril and co-founded the Seastar.

The hotel started small, but slowly the two have built it up, and now there are 19 rooms -- all of them amazing in their own way -- and a fancy covered courtyard that makes the place look like a real resort. The property is covered with plants and flowers, giving the surroundings a jungle feel. Just in front of my door there is a mango tree with fruit hanging down at eye level. Sometimes I feel like taking a bite as I walk by, but Francine would never let me the end of it, I assume.

Shaky is back full-time. He is kind of the Seastar Inn mascot, a gentlemen with special needs whom the staff as taken in as their own. Barbara is kind of like his mom, and Garrett is kind of like his dad.

I know just about every staff member by name, including Leroy, the great chef and unsung hero of the joint. Rochelle is the youngest, I think, and stunningly beautiful. Nicky, a server, also looks like model. Clarol and Barbara have been loyal for years. The one-armed gardener is still here (Francine's cousin), and I'm sure Garrett will be here forever. He is kind of the caretaker of the place, and he lives on site with his dog, Boy, one of the biggest and nicest dogs on the lane.