Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerry G's TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR Final Chapter -- The Mighty Californian's return

User Info Menu

Re: Gerry G's TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR Final Chapter -- The Mighty Californian's return

Here's some more pics (top to bottom):

1, Feelin' a bit crabby

2, Lembert, the Love Bus driver, lives on same street at Bentley

3, On the Rocks servers

4, Guess who this is and win a free Stripe .....

5, On the way 2 Booby Cay
    Attached Images Attached Images      

User Info Menu

Re: Gerry G's TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR Final Chapter -- The Mighty Californian's return

Tayon......did I spell it right?

User Info Menu

Yeamon you spelled it right, sitting at the picknik table out front like usual.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

On Wednesday morning, I woke up early and was among the first at the breakfast table, where I enjoyed a nice bagel and orange juice before making my way down the hill to the local hardware store to buy a bungee chord.

I find the chord helpful to tote stuff on my scooter. There were four or five patrons milling about in the store, and while I waited, a local lady with a cool old-school fro approached to give me her pitch. She showed me pics of a few slabs that formed the foundation of small building on a vacant field of grass and said she was trying to build a school for the kids somewhere off in the hills.

I was skeptical but awarded her points for originality and slid her a few dollars. Meantime, she had heard me ask two or three times if a bungee chord was available without anyone acknowledging me, and she blurted out, “Hey, I have a bungee chord for you!” She opened her trunk and sure enough she had a couple of them and handed me one. I was impressed! I gave her a few more dollars, though she did not ask. She was a nice lady. I think she is honest and is really building a school.

Just as I turned to my scooter, there was Ann, a long-time vendor on the beach next to Bar B Barn (used to be my regular spot, I know her well.) Ann has been working in Negril for 30 years selling nick nacks and necklaces, and she has a fun spirit about her. I always put on my best smile and ask her out, and she always turns me down. It’s been going on for years!

User Info Menu

Since I can't be there for that free beer please donate my prize to Negril.com Rob! As per usual I am loving your report Gerry. Can't tell you how many doors were opened for me during my last stay at the end of November when I told people I was stopping by to meet them and check out their services since reading out them in one of your reports.

User Info Menu

Gerry,

Post some pics of your room. I have it soon and want to check out what it looks like. Does it have the lip by the bathroom where everyone stubs there toes?

Packing list:
    Camera
    Ja Phone
    Blacklight

User Info Menu

"Final Chapter" - Who are you kidding Gerryg123?
    Well, I've said that before too... lol
    You know you'll be back

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Negril is truly the place to go to heal and embrace the memory of your loved ones. This Island has always provided me with a sense of peace and inner clarity too. I truly understand.
    My condolences to you and your family...

I'm really enjoying your new trip report so far! Thank you for sharing this with us!
    Looking forward to your next update
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Are the donkey-ponies behaving?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post

Gerry,

Post some pics of your room. I have it soon and want to check out what it looks like.
    The room is too messy, Booger ....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post
    Are the donkey-ponies behaving?
    I did ask about the donkey pony. She's still around but has not poked her head out yet ....