Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18586364656667686970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerry G's TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR Final Chapter -- The Mighty Californian's return

User Info Menu

Re: Gerry G's TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR Final Chapter -- The Mighty Californian's return

Here are three more photos:

Name:  55 half moon.jpg
Views: 3079
Size:  97.1 KB

Half Moon Beach

Name:  55 ocean.jpg
Views: 3042
Size:  97.2 KB

Nice day on the ocean

Name:  55 rain.jpg
Views: 2977
Size:  88.8 KB

A little rain on the main drag

User Info Menu

Re: Gerry G's TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR Final Chapter -- The Mighty Californian's return

Awww.... the Seastar baby is adorable!

User Info Menu

My last-day tradition always includes one last ride on the scooter. I turned left and headed up the hill, breezing past Ricks Cafe and Out of Town Pastry, then veering right up the back road, past Moondance Cliffs and Bantons, making a sharp left near the abandoned church and meandering all the way to Westender Inn.

The trek is by far the funnest ride you can do in Negril. There are rarely any other vehicles, and the sights and sounds are just spectacular. You feel like you're in a dream.

I had one last sit-down at the bar, still morning, so I ordered a bottle of water and just kind of took it all in. As I've said, I feel more at home every time I visiit the island, especially so the last few reaches. And thus, it hurts a little more each time to leave. Oh how I wish I could live in Negril forever. I just feel so alive here.

But alas, reality beckons. I do have a life back in Los Angeles, and I have two little ones that need my attention -- and vice-versa. I am never quite whole without my two young daughters, and it's always going to be that way. They are everything to me, and when we're together nothing makes me more happy than meeting all their little requests like going to 7-11 and playing in the park and feeding the ducks and going to the store to buy all there favorite foods and little toys or just sitting around watching TV, knowing they're within a few feet of me.

I'm happy to be divorced, but not being with my daughters for every moment of their lives just kills me. I know they're not going to be this young forever -- I still call them babies on nearly every reference even though they're in elementary school -- and they're on my mind a lot in Negril no matter how hard I try to pleasure all my senses.

I got back on the scooter knowing I would be handing over the keys soon. It was a long ride back.

User Info Menu

Hey Gerry ~ where is the second picture taken above? Looking at what property?

[/url]

User Info Menu

Gerry are your girls twins?
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

Gerry, did you ever consider bringing your daughters to Jamaica? I was staying at Time 'N Place outside of Falmouth. The owner had sold land next door to a firm that wanted to build an A-I. They did and the first building started right at his property line which I thought was pretty rotten. Any way, it didn't bother the owner and he said I was free to go next door and explore as he was on very good terms with them. (This was over 12 years ago and this resort changed hands I'm told) It turned out that this A-I was to cater to families with children. Every room could get a nanny, there was a dance club for teens; an arcade room stocked with video games; an all ages pool, and an adults only pool. I chatted up a few people and everyone loved it. Now if you ever met me you know I call A-I's pretty prisons where people go but never learn anything about the country, it's culture, and the ways of the folks living there. That said, this family A-I sounded like one I could understand someone visiting. With a nanny you'd be free to go off bumming the area while your daughters would have someone special that they would never forget. If they liked it, you could always book a more family orientated resort in Negril. My sister, her husband, and their two sons rented a villa on the North Coast and in their 20's now, still call it their best vacation every. They learned cricket, played soccer and had a great time with kids their own age.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    Hey Gerry ~ where is the second picture taken above? Looking at what property?
    Hedo I think, just a quirkly angle.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
    Gerry are your girls twins?
    No, they're two years apart.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MilwaukeeMike View Post
    Gerry, did you ever consider bringing your daughters to Jamaica?
    Yes, they've been three times. They like it just as much as I do, especially the RIU. They once stayed at Legends, too.

User Info Menu

That's great!