Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475767778 LastLast

Thread: Gerry G's TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR Final Chapter -- The Mighty Californian's return

User Info Menu

Re: Gerry G's TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR Final Chapter -- The Mighty Californian's return

Some pics between Negril and the airport:

Name:  dd country 3.jpg
Views: 2967
Size:  100.2 KB

Name:  dd country e.jpg
Views: 2887
Size:  96.9 KB

Name:  dd country.jpg
Views: 2844
Size:  102.8 KB

Name:  dd water.jpg
Views: 2895
Size:  94.8 KB

User Info Menu

Re: Gerry G's TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR Final Chapter -- The Mighty Californian's return

I guess I have a few more pretty good photos, after all:

Name:  nn beach ok.jpg
Views: 2839
Size:  89.6 KB

Nice day at the beach

Name:  nn cake.jpg
Views: 2798
Size:  84.9 KB

Nice piece of chocolate cake, a highlight of the vacation

Name:  nn eddie plage.jpg
Views: 2726
Size:  90.4 KB

Eddie De Bar

User Info Menu

My flight was delayed a bit, so I got to enjoy Mobay VIP club for an hour or so before getting on a plane. I was sad to leave but also eager to get back home, like always. On the connection in Atlanta, the Delta flight back to Los Angeles was running on time, and they had no intention of waiting a few minutes for me to make it through customs -- as other airlines would do as a courtesy.

I literally made it by five seconds. They were just closing the door as I scurried down through the terminal and screamed "hey!" from about fifty feet away, and so they waited for me. Had I not yelled out, that would have been it, and I would have had to stay in Georgia until the next morning -- what a friggin' nightmare that would have been.

My luggage didn't make it home, and god was was I tired upon arriving at LAX (3:30 a.m. Jamaica time) and waiting for it. Delta said they would deliver it the next morning or early afternoon, but my bag did not arrive at my doorstep until 1:30 in the morning the following day. Delta, Delta, Delta. The gift that keeps on giving.

It's been nearly four weeks since I've been home. I still think about Negril every day, even when I'm off the board. I have a patio in front at my condo in a suburban neighorhood about an hour's drive north from LAX where I like to enjoy my meals, and every time I see the trees swaying, I make pretend I am back at the Seastar Inn.

It's always going to be that way.

User Info Menu

At least you can pretend. It is pretty hard to do that here in NY when all we see is snow snow snow and temps in the teens. Can't wait for April to get here. Nice report Gerry. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MoFromMonroe View Post
    At least you can pretend. It is pretty hard to do that here in NY when all we see is snow snow snow and temps in the teens. Can't wait for April to get here. Nice report Gerry. Thanks for taking the time to do it.
    SAME THING HERE IN BOSTON!..but thanks Gerry for the great photos and report...i cant wait for April either!

User Info Menu

WOW, that was a longggggg day of travel. Thanks for the report Gerry. Fun as always
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

By the way, here is proof they do indeed sell shaving cream in Negril:

Name:  nn shave cream.jpg
Views: 2585
Size:  96.0 KB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    By the way, here is proof they do indeed sell shaving cream in Negril:

Name:  nn shave cream.jpg
Views: 2585
Size:  96.0 KB
    The Hi-Lo comes thru. I had a hell of a time one trip getting shaving cream at the smaller places. I ended up with a product that I thought was shaving cream, however it was more like a Nair(sp) for men. It was HORRIBLE.

User Info Menu

Gerry, how much time did you have in Atlanta between landing and then your next flight out? I've never been through that airport before and have a 3 hour layover between flights and am wondering if this is going to be enough or if it's going to be a push. I know different days and hours of arrival may influence things a bit (I land at 5pm and my next flight leaves at 8pm) but am trying to get a ball park figure for things in general. Delta was my only option for this particular trip so I'm stuck with it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Gerry, how much time did you have in Atlanta between landing and then your next flight out? I've never been through that airport before and have a 3 hour layover between flights and am wondering if this is going to be enough or if it's going to be a push. I know different days and hours of arrival may influence things a bit (I land at 5pm and my next flight leaves at 8pm) but am trying to get a ball park figure for things in general. Delta was my only option for this particular trip so I'm stuck with it.
    We leave in the morning. Delta out of MSP connecting in Atlanta. Our layover is 1 hour 15 minutes. Thankfully no weather delays tomorrow. We should be on time and good to go. You should not have to worry with a 3 hour layover.

Soon come can't come too soon!