Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 8 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerry G's TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR Final Chapter -- The Mighty Californian's return

User Info Menu

Re: Gerry G's TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR Final Chapter -- The Mighty Californian's return

You still in town tomorrow? Should hit Negril before 3 if all goes as planned.....

User Info Menu

Re: Gerry G's TRAIL OF ASHES TOUR Final Chapter -- The Mighty Californian's return

Hey Gerry,

I totally stole the BCC pic and put it on my Facebook page, since I am there sitting on my patio trying to avoid, well, you know . . .
    None but ourselves can free our minds - Bob Marley

http://negrilnotes.com

User Info Menu

There sure are a lot of Canadians in this thread, Gerryg! We are infiltrating everywhere! I wonder if our 25 cm snowfall today has anything to do with the migration of the Snow Birds to sunny, WARM, SNOWLESS Negril? Ya think?

User Info Menu

It's Thursday morning in Negril, and the ocean is especially calm. It's usually that way in the morning, but especially so today. It's like you're floating in an aquarium.

You do a lot of thinking when it's just you and the ocean. There's a calming force in the water, and you can feel it as you float along. I'm most happy in the ocean, either on top enjoying the sounds of waves and the calling of birds in the background, or under it snorkeling and spearfishing and, on each excursion, discovering something a bit different than anything I've ever seen before on the reefs.

How others can enjoy Negril without ever submerging themselves in the ocean is a mystery to me. I gotta have it.

My fries are cooking and the boat is coming, and I'm hoping my snack is ready before my pick-up. That's the only worry in the world I have right now, and that's a pretty good position to be in.

I do love Negril. I love it more than any place in the world. I will cherish every moment. Today, for the first time, I am really feeling at home. The rhythm of the reach is in sync with my own feelings and emotions -- I knew I'd get there soon, thank god -- and I'm ready and willing to embrace the day.

Ya mon.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    I do love Negril. I love it more than any place in the world. I will cherish every moment. Today, for the first time, I am really feeling at home. The rhythm of the reach is in sync with my own feelings and emotions -- I knew I'd get there soon, thank god -- and I'm ready and willing to embrace the day.
    Very cool - well said!

User Info Menu

Ya Mon! Ya!!!!!

User Info Menu

I'm really getting the hang of spear fishing. I was red-hot out there. I nailed two in a row before Roger even got his little net together. He later said the only reason I outperformed him was because he was too busy looking for lobster. Roger is great guy. He has taught me well.

We headed to Booby Cay and cooked up the fish. The little island off the coast from Point Village/Hedo is buzzing today. Lots of lobster-hungry tourists dishing out $20 for lobsters as fast as Homie and his friends can cook 'em. They put the butter and garlic on for you, and they throw in a nice thick piece of bread. There's a older lady there that sells drinks and trinkets. She's a little grouchy, and I'm a little too over-the-top for her, but she's getting used to me.

User Info Menu

Here are some pics (top to bottom):

1, Nice little snack at Out of town Pastry

2, Good place, good vibes. Coco bread to die for ....

3, Just me on the West End ....

4, Goats in the road out near Westender Inn
    Attached Images Attached Images     

User Info Menu

Keep them coming gerryg,you have us hooked!! Thanks for sharing your vacation!!

User Info Menu

What would a TRAIL OF ASHES report be without the usual gerryg123-ya mon video? Here's some footage from my FIRST meal at Bentley's, and we did things up in grand style .....