Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 40 years later

User Info Menu

Re: 40 years later

This is great...must have been a great place and time to be

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STRIPER View Post
    Call some place paradise,kiss it good bye.....eagles
    They paved paradise
    And put up a parking lot
    With a pink hotel, a boutique
    And a swinging hot SPOT
    Don't it always seem to go
    That you don't know what you've got
    ‘Til it's gone
    They paved paradise
    And put up a parking lot

Joanie Mitchell

User Info Menu

Piggymon, I just went out with Miss Rubys daughter a couple weeks ago and had afew cocktails. We had agood time and talked about the old days,do you remember a guy named Brock?

User Info Menu

Great story - I bet the incident hurt your chances with the gals ... or did it?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by francis View Post
    Great story - I bet the incident hurt your chances with the gals ... or did it?
    Francis, all three of them acted like they wanted to make it with me, both before and after I almost lost one over the horizon.

The cutest one, the one I spent all my time chasing, led me on because she knew that the minute that she stopped acting like she was going to make it with me I would have immediately shifted all my time and attention to candidate #2 and candidate #2 was ready, willing, and able to get it on with me. The cutest girl had a boyfriend back in Toronto who she did not want to cheat on and she decided that candidate #2 was too young and innocent, so she was protecting the young girl by shining me on. No big deal, you win some and you lose some. I won more than my fair share, so I am not complaining.

When you can pull off wearing a speedo bathing suit, finding gals willing to get up close and personal is not a major problem. And when you have a one track mind and a prey drive that puts a pitbull to shame, good things happen.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bigga View Post
    Piggymon, I just went out with Miss Ruby's daughter a couple weeks ago and had a few cocktails. We had a good time and talked about the old days,do you remember a guy named Brock?
    I do remember a guy named Brock, but not well. Cooliemon, El Presidente, and Eddie I remember best.

I started this thread hoping to find out what became of Steve Sharp, but I was talking to an old buddy of mine from back in the day and he said that he heard that Eddie died from being pushed through a glass window by a girlfriend and that Steve died from an infection in his ankle. I remember Steve getting road rash from a motorcycle accident and getting all cut up from falling over a wall and onto the coral at a house on the cliffs, but he recovered from both of those episodes. I wonder if Steve's death had anything to do with the time I took him down to Santa Cruz Bolivia?

He got the clap while we were down there and he went to a hole in the wall clinic for a shot of antibiotic to cure the clap. I remember the needles soaking in some liquid in an open stainless steel pan. The shot cleared up the clap, but on our way home Steve started to feel sick and the whites of his eyes turned yellow and we figured out that he had hepatitis. I am not sure what type of hepatitis he had, but I know that Hepatitis C can be bad. Any type of hepatitis can be bad if you drink alcohol and Steve liked to drink.

User Info Menu

A lot of old timers remember El Presidente. A couple of years ago his nephew Leonard (Tango) took me down to the water at the bottom of Porters Cave in Red Ground. Back in the day El Presidente was the only Jamaican that would venture down to the water.

http://www.negril.com/discus/message...41/276001.html

Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

do any of you old timers remember the" Morning Star" bus that would come up from the country in the early morning ???
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by suzengrace View Post
    do any of you old timers remember the" Morning Star" bus that would come up from the country in the early morning ???
    Morning Star and Bluebird.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Piggy-mon speedo photo ...

Tarzan of Negril! Where's Jane & Cheetah? The era of "when the hippies came" was remarkable - we were exceptionally fortunate to have experienced a taste of paradise, even though we were the initial influence that cost Negril its pristine nature and cultural virginity ... I think the real reason was you in your speedo!