Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 years later

User Info Menu

Re: 40 years later

Good you wanted Rum I do not remember any of the other shelfs have much on them.
    I remember the juke box and the Al Green tunes playing when we stopped in for a Dragon Stout on the way to the beach.
    Here a few more Bell Ringers.
    Name:  Untitled-14.jpg
Views: 2161
Size:  16.0 KB
    Name:  Untitled-22.jpg
Views: 2126
Size:  15.7 KB
    Name:  Untitled-8.jpg
Views: 2155
Size:  76.9 KB
    Negril's beach always had a surprise waiting for you. From Topless to White Socks and Shoes to a Smugglers Boat.
    Last edited by lane; 12-29-2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Gramer

User Info Menu

1979... i believe. the round about?
    Name:  ng 1.jpg
Views: 2106
Size:  43.1 KBName:  ng2.jpg
Views: 2053
Size:  46.0 KBName:  ng3.jpg
Views: 2067
Size:  47.4 KBName:  ng4.jpg
Views: 2047
Size:  43.7 KB

User Info Menu

1979 again, our first visit. stayed on the clifts at samsara. returned 20 years later and could not believe what it had become. Name:  ss1.jpg
Views: 2088
Size:  68.6 KBName:  ss2.jpg
Views: 1962
Size:  38.6 KBName:  ss4.jpg
Views: 2028
Size:  25.3 KBName:  ss5.jpg
Views: 2005
Size:  40.3 KBName:  2guys.jpg
Views: 2015
Size:  38.5 KB
    Last edited by Bob_27; 12-30-2012 at 02:41 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lane View Post
    Good you wanted Rum I do not remember any of the other shelfs have much on them.
    I remember the juke box and the Al Green tunes playing when we stopped in for a Dragon Stout on the way to the beach.
    Here a few more Bell Ringers.

Name:  Untitled-8.jpg
Views: 2155
Size:  76.9 KB
    Negril's beach always had a surprise waiting for you. From Topless to White Socks and Shoes to a Smugglers Boat.
    Here a picture of me driving the Brigantine you see on the horizon. Interesting stories about that ship.

Name:  Barq.jpg
Views: 2067
Size:  56.9 KB
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Bob, I do believe the photo with the guy in the white shirt on is going to Mrs. Browns. You don't have a Photo of the little old lady that sat under the tree below the new construction up on the hill at the roundabout who cooked Banana Fritter on a 1 burner stove.
    Would love to hear the story about the sailboat, are the brown squares on the side patches over holes? That is what it looked like from the beach. I will post a photo of who I thought was the Captain.

User Info Menu

Loving all these old pix. Keep them coming please
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

Name:  captaindennis-1.jpg
Views: 2051
Size:  73.7 KB
    hey captaind , do you know this capt. D? 1977 in front of Miss Doris . Great pictures all.
    Last edited by pine tree john; 12-29-2012 at 07:43 PM.

User Info Menu

I definately remember Capt Dennis - the first time I ever saw him he was playing the piano at Alfreds one afternoon and entertaining some local kids with his magic tricks. That would have been in the early 80's.
    Unfortunately, he liked the rum a way too much and that was his downfall. I also remember fishing him out of the ocean late one night on our way home from the Fisherman's Club and putting him on to a beach lounger chair to sober up. While I can't recall the details, he was supposedly involved in the sinking of a boat off the shore of Negril (and he used to get very upset whenever it was brought up.

User Info Menu

bob, had a house fire bout 16 years back so most of my pics gone. anyway i can ask you to send to me . would print and save.first visit 74
    thanks

User Info Menu

I have more photo but would like to enlarge them but do not know how to go about that the are on a flash stick and what you see is how they down load.
    I have a good photo of Captain Dennis at the road side bar.
    I think someone out there has a good picture and some history on the little boy with the straw hat on sitting at the front of the grocery.
    Last edited by lane; 12-30-2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: add more