Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 years later

User Info Menu

Re: 40 years later

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Someone else in this thread posted that they stayed in "Daisy's house" -- I also rented from a "Miss Daisy" who lived across from where Ten Sing Pen is now.
    I remember the woman who lived at Our Past Time, she had an impressive car like an old Bentley or something and would have her driver bring her to the Yacht Club (like at 11 a.m.) or so where she would get her first drink of the day. She had black glasses with diamonds on the side. I can't believe I can no longer remember her name ? maybe Elvira Revson ? or something like that?
    Miss Daisy is now 80 years old and celebrated her birthday at Seastar with her "adopted" son Chris.

Elvira was really something. The first night time I came to visit Negril from Town in '69 I stayed at the house. They were off the Island at the time and one of my crew was a cousin of Nord's
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Name:  Picture 627.jpg
Views: 2400
Size:  94.1 KBName:  Picture 605.jpg
Views: 1961
Size:  33.3 KBName:  Picture 604.jpg
Views: 1958
Size:  41.5 KBName:  Picture 603.jpg
Views: 2016
Size:  69.7 KB

User Info Menu

Here is a picture of Franklin Daisy's late husband, a very good person who liked his Over Proof a little to much for Daisy's liking, sometime she would tell us not to get him started, she was the boss from what I remember.
    Name:  Untitled-104.jpg
Views: 1925
Size:  20.7 KB
    I do not have a photo of Daisy but a few years back someone on the board gave her a walking cane and they post a beautiful picture of her in Church with the new cane I think she is why I could never fall out of love with Negril and especially the cliffs,
    she was the mother I never fully knew.
    Here is their house and the A Frame was behind it and Yes Shelly It was hot at night you just lay and sweat.
    Name:  Untitled-105.jpg
Views: 1930
Size:  13.5 KB
    Georgie's little cottage was off to the left close to the road.
    Rocky Dell sat to the left of Georgie's and I think this must be about was Sea Star Lane is now.
    Name:  Untitled-106.jpg
Views: 1919
Size:  16.7 KB
    They Grilled the Best King Fish in Negril.
    Here is the old gate to Tin Sing Pen right across the road.
    Name:  Untitled-89.jpg
Views: 1907
Size:  15.1 KB
    Here is the Rocky Dell crew Pee-Wee, Donald from England Gosno and I think a Jr. too, with the first red aprons and chef hats we for them went we came, which may have been the first for Negril back in the day.
    Name:  Untitled-43.jpg
Views: 1830
Size:  17.4 KB
    Side Dining Room
    Name:  Untitled-78.jpg
Views: 1900
Size:  17.4 KB
    View from the front porch of the A Frame, Daisy's kitchen window and her Be Loved yard Dogs one was called Bully I do not remember the others name but I think Bully was the pack leader around the fence.
    Name:  Untitled-103.jpg
Views: 1853
Size:  15.8 KB
    Last edited by lane; 01-20-2013 at 03:01 PM. Reason: add more

User Info Menu

Any of you Old Timers see the post earlier today about "The Old Pirate's Cave Bar". Someone wanted info from before it was Pirate's Cave.

I believe Sprat was the one that gave Miss Daisy her walker......

User Info Menu

pine tree john question. is that you in the picture?

the fisherman looks like it could be uncle Dan (Mosely). i would get up early and do some overproof with him as the sun was coming up. very often would have a bellyache till i got some food

User Info Menu

my pictures are from '77 , Thats miss Doris seafront cottage,before treehouse was built.Not really sure who the fisherman is.It might be Basil Grant. You can see the shower off to the side of the backside picture,the other shack was the kichen. Not much water then either. Notice the long neck in the first pic.
    Last edited by pine tree john; 01-16-2013 at 09:50 PM.

User Info Menu

Awesome post. I first went to Negril with my first wife in the 80's. These threads are great and bring back many memories of what is was like back then. i have been back 7-8 times since and wont stop coming back to da rock until someone puts me into the ground. Thank you for sharing, and bringing back the smiles that make me dream of the next time and almost impossible to close the lid on my Macbook.

User Info Menu

Link from the old board back in 2009. You can follow the older posts in this link by clicking on the archive links at the top of the page in the link.

http://www.negril.com/discus/message...41/188793.html
    Last edited by VVHT; 01-17-2013 at 09:29 AM.

User Info Menu

this thread is absolutely terrific!!
    wish I could've experienced the old Negril
    meeting Linda M would've been the icing on the cake!
    my window faces the south

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    Miss Daisy is now 80 years old and celebrated her birthday at Seastar with her "adopted" son Chris.

Elvira was really something. The first night time I came to visit Negril from Town in '69 I stayed at the house. They were off the Island at the time and one of my crew was a cousin of Nord's
    That was a beautiful setup that they had at Our Past Time. I do not remember the woman or the Bentley, but I do remember a man who was perhaps in his thirties driving a Jaguar XKE from that house.