Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: digicell balance

User Info Menu

digicell balance

I bought a digicell phone on my last trip. I just topped up my minutes online. When I'm in the USA how can I check my digicell balance?
    I tried *120# but phone is not connected to cell network I thought I would be able to check online with my account but only shows recent transactions.
    any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

User Info Menu

Re: digicell balance

I am pretty sure there is no way to check the balance/transfer minutes,etc... without Digicel service. I'm in the US also, have had my digicel phone for 4 years and have not found any way to access balance info. from here. I usually just check the balance before I leave JA then I send top up's online every month or so. Then before going back to JA I just check the history of the top ups which basically gives me the balance.

User Info Menu

I put my Digicel sim in a T-Mobile phone and all the handset codes work fine. I can also make a call but at the Digicel roaming rate.

Perhaps that doesn't work everywhere in the US. I'm in North Florida

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Could be the settings on your phone I have a verizon phone n I can check my balance n transfer minutes from my digicel phone here in ga

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    I put my Digicel sim in a T-Mobile phone and all the handset codes work fine. I can also make a call but at the Digicel roaming rate.

Perhaps that doesn't work everywhere in the US. I'm in North Florida

Cap

User Info Menu

Might depend if you have an unlocked phone, but I think the Digi sims have been able to roam for a few years now. You may need to be near a cell tower with major carrier equipment.

User Info Menu

Go on line and chat or just call, agent reactivated my phone as a courtesy. Check Digicel on line for information. You may have to wait or make repeat calls to get agent. Very nice agents.

User Info Menu

I can roam and check MIN BAL on my phone. I typically connect to T-Mobile or AT&T network. I top up online to to keep my SIM active throughout the year and sometime send any extra credits to someone I know in JA. Currently I can check my MIN BAL and receive messages but not make calls or send messages. Maybe I need to top up again but I show a MIN BAL. This happened once before and digicell was able to correct via a chat session.

But if you are connected to a GSM network (e.g. T-Mobile), you should be able to roam in the US and use most features (voicemail needs to be dial directly).

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

I'll try connecting where I get a better signal
    thanks