Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buju Banton gets 10 years

User Info Menu

Buju Banton gets 10 years

Just got the new that Buju Banton was sentenced to 10 years in a maximum security prision. What's your feelings on his sentence.

http://www.theskanner.com/article/20...s-in-Drug-Case

User Info Menu

a huge waste of taxpayer's money to prosecute cases such as this. not to mention the cost of incarceration. and for what? has it made society better or safer to lock up this artist for decade? sad.

User Info Menu

further proof....You Cant Beat City Hall.....
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Waste of money is right. The whole babylon system is backwards and corrupt. Spend more time and effort putting away real threats to society like murderers, rapists, and pedophiles....I don't even dare let my kids ride their bikes down the street without my eyes on them AT ALL TIMES for fear of some sicko snatching them up...go to the bus stop by themselves? No way in hell...they get front door service to school every day..it's sad but it's reality. Who the hell is worried about being kidnapped by a drug dealer and forced to use drugs....exactly....no one. Not going to happen...I could go on all day.

In the end what it came down to was some bad decisions made by him in a country with some tough laws. Entrapment? Yes. BUT if you are dealing with the feds you might as well have just shown up at a gunfight with a knife. I know I will be at the first concert when he gets out.
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

Even if he is completely guilty, this sentance is too severe.

Respect,

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rastagal View Post
    I don't even dare let my kids ride their bikes down the street without my eyes on them AT ALL TIMES for fear of some sicko snatching them up...go to the bus stop by themselves? No way in hell...they get front door service to school every day..it's sad but it's reality.
    Actually rastagal it's not reality at all. If you look at statistics, crime is no higher today then it was decades ago as a national average. In fact many crimes are way down. Kids actually live in the same world today as kids in the 60's, 70's and 80's. The perception that it's not comes from the 24 hrs news cycle that has created a culture of fear. As a parent myself I totally understand your concerns and it's difficult not to want to protect your children in every way possible while also avoiding the stigma of being the parent that "doesn't care". Keep in mind that nearly all crimes against children are perpetrated by someone they know well like a family member or close family friend yet everyone thinks strangers are the ones to fear. It's simply not a reality it's a perception.

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

buju

he looks a lot healthier now.i think Jah but him in jail to save his life and regain his soul

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin, PA View Post
    Actually rastagal it's not reality at all. If you look at statistics, crime is no higher today then it was decades ago as a national average. In fact many crimes are way down. Kids actually live in the same world today as kids in the 60's, 70's and 80's. The perception that it's not comes from the 24 hrs news cycle that has created a culture of fear. As a parent myself I totally understand your concerns and it's difficult not to want to protect your children in every way possible while also avoiding the stigma of being the parent that "doesn't care". Keep in mind that nearly all crimes against children are perpetrated by someone they know well like a family member or close family friend yet everyone thinks strangers are the ones to fear. It's simply not a reality it's a perception.
    I realize that I am probably over paranoid and the likleyhood of something like that happening is small, but when I think about the worse thing that could happen in life...that's it. There is no way I could ever live with myself if anything ever happened to my kids. And the one thing you always hear from the parents of the kids that have been abducted or abused is "Oh, they were just playing in the yard while I went in to make a sandwich" or "little Billy walks to that friends house every day, it's only a block away".

So while the chances are slim, it does happen, and no one thinks it will happen to them...and that is one thing in life I am not willing to gamble on.
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

you got to be kidding

He is a convicted drug felon ,,,who went thru 2 trials,,, and was found guilty
    He was charged in a US Court,,, answered the charges,,,, claimed entrapment.. and conspiracy,,,,prepared his defense,,,twice....and lost his case.......had his character witness speak on his behalf,,, including some of his 15 children and other influential people and a movie star..... sentenced to prison for 10 years for his crime,,,,,caught a break and shaved 5 years off his sentence....and the sentence is to harsh???? Justice has spoken,,,,,,,Wrong place at the wrong time,,,,,the court says otherwise.....If that was me,,,,how many of you would come to my defense????????????? I have no sympathy,,,,you play,,,you pay

User Info Menu

I agree negrilbound!! poor ol Bu Hoo...