Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jamaica "aint'" that Bad...........

User Info Menu

Jamaica "aint'" that Bad...........

reading in todays paper, I see where Princess Cruise is canceling 3 of its Fall/Winter stops at
    Puerto Vallarta, Mx.,,,the reason ???t"to protect its passengers..!!!!!!!.......from Violent Crime

Of all the "Bad" rap Negril and Jamaica gets, I guess its just NOT THEM !!......
    so next time somebody starts bad-mouthing our Island....set 'em straight.........
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

You tell em Rambo.

I will too.

User Info Menu

Princess Cruise is wise to do that, as nobody needs to be traveling to Mexico. Although, I'm sure the tourist spots aren't quite as risky as the border towns, I quit going to mexico several years back. Just isn't safe for anybody lately.

Funny thing....the only people I've come across who warned me to "not go to JA" are the ones who have never been. LOL
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

I have been to Mexico five times in the last few years (Cabo and San Jose) and Jamaica twice in the last two years.Mexico is no more or less dangerous than Jamaica as long as you know where to go and more importantly where not to go.

User Info Menu

>>Princess Cruise is wise to do that, as nobody needs to be traveling to Mexico

>>Princess Cruise is wise to do that, as nobody needs to be traveling to Mexico

Come on now. That statement is just as absurd as saying Jamaica instead.
    Nothing wrong with the tourist areas of MX. Sure the border towns are trouble, but no one is vacationing there just like most don't vacation in Kingston JA

User Info Menu

Fodder for the News Agencies............Good News doesn't really sell well.......

lets face it........it is more violent times ALL OVER!..........
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Never been to Mex.....And never had any problems in Jamaica!

User Info Menu

I bet this is less the issue of the cruise line thinking it is unsafe and more an issue of tourists not booking Mexico cruises cause they are scared (right or wrong), so it makes sense for the company to change ports.

I dont really think Mexico is unsafe, but I may be wrong.

User Info Menu

I did a road trip in Mexico a couple of years back which resulted in me doing my dissertation at university on the drug cartel's and how they are challenging the legitimacy of the state. I loved Mexico had lots of fun, but also witnessed some pretty serious and horrific scenes, spoke to many people on my trip and that together with the research that I did for my final year uni project, my conclusion was that the situation is very different than that in JA at the moment and although it was a very memorable trip I would not go back just yet and I would not advise any of my loved ones to do so either. Please note that it was a couple of years ago and things might have changed now, not sure what their situation is at the moment and I did my road trip in Northern Mexico, not knowing what the hell was going on until I got there. So Im not speaking for the rest of Mexico. Only the North. Funny you should mention Kingston, Ive got friends who go to Kingston every time they come to JA and they can't see themselves going anywhere else when they visit.Theyve never had any issues. But then Ive got friends who grew up in some of the worst parts in Kingston, some say it's overly dangerous and some say it's all a bit of a media hype. I think it'll be quite subjective to each individuals experience and again what part of Kingston you go. Just my 2 cents.

User Info Menu

"I think it'll be quite subjective to each individuals experience and again what part of Kingston you go."

Same with Mexico. Puerto Vallarta has become quite Americanized with all the expatriates living there - Sam's club, Walmart, etc. Downtown has lost it's charm for me. I was there last year after being away for almost 10 years. I never once felt unsafe...too many tourists, LOL. I have time share at a hotel in the Marina and rode the public bus downtown, walked around downtown by myself. I felt sad to see the change in the city center, but that is life. I'll continue to go back, but this year I'm trying a newer sister property near Playa del Carmen on the Atlantic side. And I won't listen to people that tell me I'm crazy for going to Mexico.
    Last edited by Nurse Marcia; 06-26-2011 at 04:22 PM.