Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: 35 Sunsets Slices of Salt Life from the Capital of Cool

User Info Menu

Re: * * * * 35 Sunsets - Slices of ‘Salt Life’ from the Capital of Cool * * * *

I went to high school with Rick....funny guy!

User Info Menu

Heading down to the beach soon have not made it passed the Wild Parrot yet, but maybe today!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

PGW - I was at White Sands and Pee Wee's yesterday - we keep missing each other.
    Jaherring - I thought you would get the Rick n' Bubba reference - I love those guys.

I mentioned that JT will be coming soon. JT is a character; PGW and Mrs. Brown, I’m sure will agree. When in Negril, JT never wears a shirt, or shoes. He’ll walk around downtown Negril in his shorts and ball cap with his reading glasses perched on top. His ‘wallet’ is a ZipLoc bag that he tucks into his shorts. Into it are stuffed all he needs to survive a day at the beach: smokes, lighter, a little cash, his room key and maybe a gizzada or two. JT is always smiling, he has areally good time in Negril and the locals love him.

A group of us went on the pub crawl last year and somehow, while we were at Pee Wee’s, JT got out of synch with the bus. Well, we had agreed that we would make our way to Ricks after the last pub stop, so JT simply walked from Pee Wee’s to Ricks in his bare feet; no shoes, no shirt, no problem, mon. By the way, I’ve never seen JT apply any sunscreen.

Here’s another JT story. Back when the For Real bar was still the best bar on the beach (Boo Whoo, whoo, - God, I loved that bar!) a group of us were there for beers before sunset, as was our custom. We drank, talked, watched the sun go down, and drank some more, etc. It was getting quite late and the time came when JT had to pay the rent on the refreshments that he’d imbibed. The restrooms at For Real were not the most convenient, and towards the end of the evening, they could be a little, um, in disarray. One would not want to walk into the restroom in bare feet, because the floors were wet and I don’t think it was sea water. JT is also somewhat fastidious, some times in the oddest ways- have you ever met someone who feels the urge to eject his breakfast at the sight of a certain shade of blue?

Well, JT had to go in a bad way and I think he was planning on going to pee in the ocean when Likkle Jimmy (one of our peeps) piped up, “There’s a bathroom just next door at CoCo.”

“Where?” JTasked.

“Just around the fence,” LJ pointed, “around those bushes. You can go right there.”

Well, JT left the bar and rounded the end of the fence, just as directed.

Several moments later there arose a great thrashing of the bushes just the other side of the fence. This was accompanied by a powerful stream of patois invectives including every form of ‘KLAAT’ that has ever been spoken. JT appeared around the edge of the fence, wide eyed and bewildered. Close behind him the highly animated source of the instructive utterances followed.

Apparently, in his urgency, JT had assumed that the bushes were the latrine to which he had been directed. In fact, there are a couple of very fine restrooms about thirty paces further. And JT was not aware, (indeed how could he have been?), that one of the local beach boys had bedded down to catch a few zzzz’s in the leafy comfort of the sheltering foliage. JT had unwittingly voided his distended bladder on the unfortunate fellow, drenching him.

Well. JT pleaded his ignorance while the sodden recipient of his effluent slapped runnels of processed rum from his pant legs. The multi-KLAATS continued,unabated, until JT fished his ‘wallet’ from his shorts and extracted sufficient funds to quell the misunderstanding.

I can’t wait until JT gets here.
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

Lol....Love the stories!! JT is a hoot!

User Info Menu

great reading as always...

User Info Menu

RTFLMAO!! jeezas!!
    dat was funny !
    not so wise to walk barefooted in jayhay tho, wid all the dawgs and puss' roamin the streets and beach but sounds like JT has never gotten an infection...and maybe he won't ..!

User Info Menu

To funny!!!!!
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

Thats one I have not heard the people on the veranda next to me are giving me some strange looks as I am laughing out loud reading this! I heard the no shoes story before but not that one, having met JT, makes it even funnier as I can just see that playing out!
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

8 more sleeps. Bringing a newbie with me this time & as a way of getting ready for the trip we are reading both Good Walk out loud to each other & this trip report. Loving it! He's learning a lot of what to expect & looking forward to the trip as I am to my return, wants to try a Flaming Marley thanks to you K3. Maybe we'll see you on the beach next week or around town.
    Heavenly Negril Trips:
    Feb '11, May '11, Sept '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Feb '12, Oct '12, Feb '13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiV View Post
    8 more sleeps. Bringing a newbie with me this time & as a way of getting ready for the trip we are reading both Good Walk out loud to each other & this trip report. Loving it! He's learning a lot of what to expect & looking forward to the trip as I am to my return, wants to try a Flaming Marley thanks to you K3. Maybe we'll see you on the beach next week or around town.
    Thankyou NikkiV - maybe bump into you around town or on the beach

Yesterday was busy – The Donkey Races
    From our garden side room at White Sands we can hear the donkeys braying, hee-hawing and honking early in the morning on the day of the race. Seems they are excited to be hitting the track.

It was the busiest, biggest and best Donkey races yet! The place was jammed from road to the beach with people and both sides of the road were lined with cars for blocks. There were more tents, more vendors and lots to see and do. Here are some random thoughts:

- many of the local people dress themselves and their children up for the event – and they look fine. The tourists are in the same clothes that they wear every day.

- this year there was a lot of cloud cover in the afternoon, a welcome relief from what is usually a hot and cloudless day in a place where there is little shade.

- the donkeys were just as uncooperative and irascible as usual, and this provided for some hilarious hijinks on the track.

- Jamaican women have no qualms about popping it out and breastfeeding their babies in full public view – this is great, it looks as natural as can be and I don’t see why anyone would object.

- up on the center stage, there were beer guzzling contests, dancing competitions and spice bun eating matches. They had problems getting women to come up on stage and compete in the ‘bun eating’ contest until they changed the name to ‘pastry eating’ contest. I’m not kidding.

It’s raining this afternoon in Negril – think I’ll spend some quality time with my Kindle.

Check this video of a donkey race
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzBhQ...ature=youtu.be

A really tall dude
    Name:  DSC03977sm.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  99.8 KB

Cute donkey!
    Name:  DSC03981sm.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  101.4 KB

It was packed!!
    Name:  DSC03989sm.jpg