Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 35 Sunsets Slices of Salt Life from the Capital of Cool

User Info Menu

Re: * * * * 35 Sunsets - Slices of ‘Salt Life’ from the Capital of Cool * * * *

Pops!
    We have a friend who is getting married in Jamaica in march (march break) next year! Might be a good time for us to all get together (and feel alright) Mollie is getting herself prepped in advance...Name:  P1020455.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  83.7 KBName:  P1020460.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  86.9 KB
    Thought the news and pics might also help with your melancholy.
    Love,
    Kelly

User Info Menu

K3...it has been really great to follow your trip over the last month. It eased my DIF symptoms for my upcoming trip just a little bit and added a smile to my face many times. I could not imagine being there for 34 nights, the sense of relaxation and joy that must of come over your those first couple days and now to the dread of having to leave. Hell, after 9 nights, boarding the plane back to the states spirals me into a depression that last for weeks. But what an awesome way to spend a month....when I have the means that is something on my bucket list, I just hope that I am not too old to enjoy it...lol! Sounds like you had a great time and I hope that once you head back to the Rock that you reconsider and bless us with a TR again here at Negril.com. Safe travels home...Respect.
    Ya Mon...Heading home
    10/9-10/16 @ Idle Awhile & the Zoo!
    3/14-3/21 @ The Zoo

User Info Menu

K, love all the pics. Is that your grandson? How sweet is he!!!! Sorry about the ear infection but hope you get a swim in before you hit home.
    Awww, poor little parrot died. Thats sad but its cool Dude will perch on your arm. I hope to find him when I am there.
    8 sleeps and counting
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

Grand daughter not grand son. Sorry

[/url]

User Info Menu

Face Down - yes breddren - t'anks for for de props.

Jan24 - re-read your post and want to thank you again for your words.

L.J. - soon come for you to Negril - yes - that is my grandaughter - ain't she a darlin'

Thirty-two days - and I feel like I'm just staring to settle in.

Whoa – it was cold in Negril today! Cool wind out of the north. Chilly – by Jamaican standards. But not too cold by Canuck standards - just a bracing breeze. Big waves smashing the shore – but still, there are people walking the beach. Hardy souls.

Name:  Z_DSC04637sm.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  80.0 KB

I rented a scooter today. It was JT’s last full day, so he wanted to hang at his bar – didn’t want a scooter. So I was solo. Went from my place to Bloody Bay. Nothing going on there.

Name:  Z_DSC04640sm.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  96.6 KB

Then went all the way to town to the Corner bar. At the Corner Bar there was a cricket game on the big screen TV. Zimbabwe playing the West Indies. I sat at the bar and ordered a Red Stripe. Shortly after I got there, there was a big play on the screen and everybody in the bar started cheering and yelling – I don’t know cricket from squat – but I acted like I was excited too. Turns out the West Indies won, so I guess that’s a good thing.

Name:  Z_DSC04647sm.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  65.0 KB

After all that excitement , I got back on my scooter and went up to the West End. Stopped at Sea Star and finally met Chris. He’s the owner and a fellow Canuck and also a soon-to-be dad. Also bumped into Kimbobwee and his lovely wife. Made a stop at Rick’s. I was in the vicinity and had to take a leak. Left after a few minutes and went back down to the beach to Sea Splash to say goodbye to J.T. He wanted to go to Sunnyside for sunset. So he got on the back of my scooter, red solo cup in hand, balancing it carefully so as not to spill a drop of his Appleton and Pepsi. Said he wouldn’t grab me around the waist as we rode down the road because that would be gay. I was Ok with that.

Name:  Z_DSC04656sm.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  75.1 KB

It was windy at Sunnyside, but WOW - what a sunset. For such a crummy weather day the sunset was astounding. Not your classic ‘orb of sun kissing the ocean’ – but a gorgeous tableau of clouds, and wind and big breakers rolling in. People huddled at the bar with towels wrapped around them for warmth.

J.T. borrowed a winter coat from one of the local dude's and crouched down below the wall to get out of the wind and stay warm.

Name:  Z_DSC04654sm.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  72.9 KB

Name:  Z_DSC04663sm.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  85.5 KB

Can’t believe there are only three more sunsets. But I haven’t totally caught up yet. Still more to say, and photos. Sorry about the short, choppy sentences, but I’m currently reading a Jack Reacher novel

Likkle more . . .
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

Nice photos!! We had snow flurries here in bama yesterday so I figured it would be cool in Jamaica today. It always seems to work that way.

User Info Menu

That is a great sunset. is Buddy carryinga Puffer Fish? Did it get washed ashore in the waves? Your grandaughter is adorable. Look at that smile and those little teef.
    I really hope I won't need a jacket. Better bring one just in case.
    Hope you are not to lonely. I am looking forward to the rest of your report.
    PS Can you PM me the password for WiFi at WS please?Nirvanas comes and goes, mostly goes

[/url]

User Info Menu

What a beautiful sunset, so full of colors. Your granddaughters a cutie. Enjoy your last few moments in paradise and No problem with the last post, it is all true.

User Info Menu

K3, Have totally been enjoying your 'trip report'. Thank you!!!!!!!!! Time flies when youre having fun hey? We're flying down March 13th. Can't wait. Am also surprising the husband and ordered him Walk Good. It should arrive this week, just in time for our return home... Razzl

User Info Menu

K3 your grandaughter is PRECIOUS~~~ She needs some dominoes.....LOL
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool