Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: 35 Sunsets Slices of Salt Life from the Capital of Cool

User Info Menu

Re: * * * * 35 Sunsets - Slices of ‘Salt Life’ from the Capital of Cool * * * *

More report please..this is helping immensely until I can my toes in de sand and wata!! Listening to Reggae on Pandora to help keep the mind at ease....

User Info Menu

What a great post....I'm hooked already!

User Info Menu

Cool Re: * * * * 35 Sunsets - Slices of ‘Salt Life’ from the Capital of Cool * * * *

I really enjoy the way you write. Its pleasent to read.............................CONTINUE~~~PLEASE .
    Name:  IMG_1860.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  82.6 KB
    YEP you still "HAVE IT"~ LOL
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Nice!! You definitely captured the vibe at the fruit/veg vendor area! My favorite place to shop for fresh fruit. Can't wait to hear more. Maybe it will warm my heart enough to rid me of the snow outside my home.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Yesterday afternoon, just before heading out from my room, I heard a ruckus in the Ethiopian apple tree just outside my deck. The tree is bearing fruit now, laden with apples. I looked in the tree and saw the culprit – a Bald Pate. He was in there flapping around and feasting on the ripe apples. Here’s a photo of him:

Name:  DSC03812sm.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  91.1 KB

I went out to the road in front of White Sands to flag a taxi down, I was headed up to Home Sweet Home to see Mark and Cheryl. Out on the road I met a group of people (Beachwalker and his crew) who were waiting for the One Love bus, they were going on the pub crawl. So I waited a while and caught a ride up to Sunset After Dark (1st pub stop) then hoofed it up to H.S.H. I’ll be going on at least two pub crawls over the next month.

I spent a quiet, relaxing afternoon on the lawn at HSH overlooking the water. It was quite windy and the water was rough, so we couldn’t go snorkeling.

Name:  DSC03811sm.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  89.3 KB

Later I hoped a cab into town, went to the Chiny Man’s, picked up a flat of Cranberry Wata, my Negril go-to drink. Now all I need to get is a bottle of Coruba dark rum – to mix with Ginger beer for my sunset cocktail.

Went to the Sundeck for sunset, met a couple of good ole boys, Mark and Archie, who come every year this time. There was a crowd up on the deck. Archie looked out at the sun, which was just touching the water, and announced loudly, “There’s gonna be a green flash tonite folks!”

Some of the gathered agreed with him. Me, well I’ve watched a lot of sunsets, but have never seen a green flash. But, the sky was clear and there were no clouds, so I was hopeful.

We all watched as the sun slowly sunk. When it got to the point where it was just about gone, Archie said, “Look now, here it comes . . . three, two, one . . . BAM!”

And WOW – there was a GREEN FLASH. My first one! We all looked around at each other in amazement and a few people cheered. High fives went around. It was one of those cool, quintessential, Negril moments.

Ah! The Salt Life.

Before the green flash:
    Name:  DSC03819sm.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  76.5 KB

After the green flash from Sunset Beach:
    Name:  DSC03827sm.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  64.7 KB
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

Nice pics! Looking good K3. Sure that motorcycle alarm isn't Patrick next door at Nirvana? He revs her up every morning, plenty. LOL
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
    Nice pics! Looking good K3. Sure that motorcycle alarm isn't Patrick next door at Nirvana? He revs her up every morning, plenty. LOL
    Yes it could be him, I've never actually seen who/where the bike is. Whoever it is, he makes sure the bike is well warmed and revved up before he departs. Reliable alarm though.
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna3 View Post
    Yes it could be him, I've never actually seen who/where the bike is. Whoever it is, he makes sure the bike is well warmed and revved up before he departs. Reliable alarm though.
    I would have no DOUBT that its Patrick. He is my alarm too. :-)
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

Nice! And I am with you regarding all things green flash. I have stared at numerous sunsets and have yet to see one......

User Info Menu

..went to di chinaman store here in Toronto dis mawning and saw Jackfruit...Yu know how much it cawst per poun'?....C$4.97... mi kiss mi teet begrudgingly..