Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: 35 Sunsets Slices of Salt Life from the Capital of Cool

User Info Menu

Re: * * * * 35 Sunsets - Slices of ‘Salt Life’ from the Capital of Cool * * * *

Thanks for the great photos! Hope to see the cake lady next week!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by poolguywindsor View Post
    Is it possible she is the same cake lady from my first stay on the beach in,90. We stayed at Sunbeam cottages where Maureen,s bar is now, and there was a lady the came around just after dinner back then. I always got the banana bread and still remember it being so good.
    Very likely she is the same "Cake Lady". We have seen her since our first trip in '91. She is sweet and remembers us every year. We reminence every time we see her. She can tall a story.

User Info Menu

Hey Bossman and PGW - you, sounds like the Cake Lady of past times - she certainly is old enough to have been around that long. Such a sweet old soul - I love her - and her cake.

Hooray!! Today is the last day for the Canadian penny! Finally, I've been 'releasing pennies into the environment' forthe last five years.

Bea and I have been busy, so not so much time to write and post, we joined the CSA gym for the month of Feb.

Here is a bit for today.
    I brought a parrot toy down with me to give to Francis’ pair of breeding macaws, Sinbad and Tiki. I guess I feel a little sorry for them, spending their lives in a cage. So, anyhow, here’s a shot of the toy before it went into the cage and also a shot of Sinbad:
    Name:  DSC03806sm.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  100.7 KB

Name:  DSC03809sm.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  101.2 KB

Francis hung the toy and I came back a few hours later to see that they had done some quick work on it – I don’t know if they like it, or hate it, but they ripped it pretty good. Here’s a shot of the cage floor below the toy:
    Name:  DSC03855sm.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  94.1 KB

Here’s the cool thing – Sinbad and Tiki had a baby!! His name is Dude and he is two months old. Francis hand fed him and he’s tame and friendly – unlike his papa who would snap your finger off if given the opportunity. Dude has his own cage. There is also another baby in the hutchwith mon and pop. Francis will be taking it out in the next week or so, I’ll try to get a shot of it. Here’s a shot of The Dude:
    Name:  DSC03808sm.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  102.3 KB

Shrek, Ragga and Flo arrived from Ottawa today. Also, Mark and Cheryl move from Home Sweet Home down to Charela, so the crowd is thickening. Should be a good sunset gathering tonite, I’ll try to get a group shot so you can see the crew.

Random beach shot - just before sunset when the lighting is so soft:
    Name:  DSC03863sm.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  99.9 KB
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

Great writing! Love this report and your pics. Great use of the light. Nice beach expander you put into use there, looks like one could walk seventeen abreast and all stay in the line!

Green flash, wow, that is cool. I too have looked and only seen one in San Diego once. Nice to share it with the appreciative.

Liked your picture of yourself, got that whole better looking than Richard Branson thing going, work it.

Now, how about some more, we are anticipating more delights.

User Info Menu

Hey Rolly - ENjoying the stories! I've been wondering about John - your pal and our Seasplash partner last year. Wondering if he'll be around this year last half of March when we will be there. It's late perhaps. And Pool Guy when are you there?

User Info Menu

Just booked today for wednesday, and will be back march 5th for a week on the beach Hope to see John around if he is around.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Wilson View Post
    Hey Rolly - ENjoying the stories! I've been wondering about John - your pal and our Seasplash partner last year. Wondering if he'll be around this year last half of March when we will be there. It's late perhaps. And Pool Guy when are you there?
    John (JT) will be coming on Feb 11 for 3 weeks.
    I know John lurks this board, you will see him lurking on the beach with no shirt and a red solo cup.
    My Books:

User Info Menu

I'll miss you all! John if you are lurking -- will miss sitting at the bar with you early in the morning, well all day really. Another year.

User Info Menu

Maybe I will run into him, we overlap a couple days.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by poolguywindsor View Post
    Maybe I will run into him, we overlap a couple days.
    See you soon PGW.

The sky is blue and filled with puffy white clouds, the water is emerald green and, further out, azure blue. The wind is fresh and out of the north-west. The sun is hot and the Stripes are cold. It is yet another beautiful day in the Capital of Cool.

Name:  DSC03881sm.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  81.3 KB

Waiting for the sun to set, me and my bride.

Name:  DSC03867sm.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  91.4 KB

While I was waiting to cross the road this morning I saw three truckloads of big bamboo roll by and turn into Waves. There’s lots of activity there as they are getting the grounds ready for the Donkey Races this coming Sunday.

Name:  DSC03874sm.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  97.6 KB

This is a big week in Negril, it being the Bob Marley birthday bash week. Tonite and tomorrow nite there are big shows at MXlll, check it out.
    Name:  DSC03892.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  104.5 KB

We’re having a pig roast at White Sands tomorrow night, with the band that usually plays at the Boat Bar. This is gonna be a riot! Photos and videos to come. Friday is the annual Pee Wee’s birthday party, I’m going. Sunday we’ll be at the Donkey Races.

Name:  DSC03876sm.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  99.4 KB
    My Books: