Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: 35 Sunsets Slices of Salt Life from the Capital of Cool

User Info Menu

Re: * * * * 35 Sunsets - Slices of ‘Salt Life’ from the Capital of Cool * * * *

Great pics K3. And great writing of course. I can just see that dog rolling around his treats in the sand. Yup ready for a BIG Nor'easter rolling in here Fri and Sat. 30-60cms. Please absorb some of that sun for me please.
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

Clap,Clap,Clap............It's holding me over till my time~
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

Class A reporting...can't wait to be there in person!
    PARADISE IS A STATE OF MIND

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ackee View Post
    hehehehehe Bob's birthday celebrated with a pig roast?? LOL the rastaman mus be rollin in his grave... a wha kinda ting "dat" ?
    Yes, a bit i-ronic - but Bob was well fested.

Mark and Cheryl went to the Negril Police Station yesterday to file a report on Cheryl’s stolen iPhone 4S. They said the visit was quite the eye-opener. They arrived at the station around the time that people were bringing in food for the prisoners there. As Mark stood in line waiting to file the report, he watched one lady, who had brought in a quart of OJ in a cardboard container, a bag of chips and some chicken. The guard opened the OJ and sniffed it, probably checking for alcohol. Then he poured the contents into a ZipLoc bag and placed it on the table. He then opened the bag of chips and dumped them into a ZipLoc and examined the contents before placing the bag on the table. He did the same with the chicken. Everything was carefully examined and transferred from its original container into ZipLocs before being passed to the cell block. He said he also saw laundry being exchanged in the same careful manner.

The pig roast was good, the pork was done to perfection and had a peppery tang to it. Very nice. Unfortunately the band didn’t show up. Apparently they had met up with Luciano at the MXlll concert the night prior and had gone off to do some recording with him – the pig roast gig becoming suddenly unimportant when measured against the opportunity to jam with Jah Messenger.

Name:  DSC03918sm.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  89.3 KB

Speaking of the MXlll concert – Shrek and I didn't go – and here's why. The concert doesn’t start until midnight and the main act doesn’t come on until 2:00am. If I went, that means I wouldn’t get back to my room until say 4:00am? I can’t imagine trying to get a cab at that time of the morning. I get up fairly early, so I would definitely have to take a big nap in the afternoon before going. To be honest, although I’ve pulled many midnight shifts in the past, I don’t know if I could make it until 2:00am with a load on Red Stripes (etc.) on board. And I would be ruined the entire following day. So I simply don’t go.

And I’m not the only one who thinks that way; I’ve spoken with many who share my sentiments. Apparently Luciano was spectacular – but MXlll was practically empty. Notably, according to Francis who was there, there were very few tourists. Here’s a thought – start the concert at 9:00pm and have the headliner come on at 11:00. I would go.

Here's Mark and Bea discussing food (they are both foodies):

Name:  DSC03906sm.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  63.5 KB

Here's a small bonfire in front of Firefly. There was an old dude there roasting his nuts - at 8:30pm. WTF?

Name:  DSC03908sm.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  61.0 KB
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

It was closer to 4am than 2am when sizzla came on in sept at bourbon beach
    2009 trip http://www.negril.com/cgi-bin/discus.cgi?pg=prev&topic=196641&page=272185

2010 halloween---no TR

trip 2012
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/5589-Trip-report-sept-1-14-including-pelicanbar-catcha-legends-samsara-pubcrawl-etc

trip 2013
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/8323-gettin-my-groove-on-quot-TRIP-report-quot-boardie-bash-style-april21-may11-2013

.trip 2014
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/11962-Trip-report-Boardie-Bash-2014-best-trip-yet

User Info Menu

ROFLMBO... what a visual....."an old man roasting his nuts"........LOL....LOL On the beach...............LOL
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

We are with you....why ruin the whole next day sleeping. Can't pull those all nighters anymore. Last year we saw Toots and he came on at 10 till 12:30 and was wonderful. Sad to see those shows at Negril Escape and The Jungle are over.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jan24 View Post
    We are with you....why ruin the whole next day sleeping. Can't pull those all nighters anymore. Last year we saw Toots and he came on at 10 till 12:30 and was wonderful. Sad to see those shows at Negril Escape and The Jungle are over.
    It'll be interesting to see what time Toots hits the stage next Saturday at Bourbon Beach! Saw him last year at the Jungle and will be going to see him again next Saturday at Bourbon Beach. Good thing we're staying across the street and don't have to worry about getting a cab after

User Info Menu

too bad about di band but a suh di ting set in Jayhay. Responsibility tun dung and tekking advantage of immediate opportunity tun up!

User Info Menu

I *hope* Toots hits the stage early. I can't hang out late like in my younger years. Especially after having redstripes in the hot sun all day.