Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: Negril is better than ever! I am here, and I am having a GOOD time!

User Info Menu

After hangin' at the Seastar Inn for a bit, I headed back up the Cliffs, where I ran into a small herd of cows blocking the road -- hate when that happens, ha ha.

Westender was having their big bonfire on the beach -- not sure how big, as I don't think there are any guests since MaryJayne and Lenny checked out this morning -- so I had a fruit punch there and sat in the rock pool against the shore. It was high tide, the waves were splashing against the rocks, so there was kind of a jacuzzi effect as the ocean water would flow in and out with the tide. It was amazing. So close to God.

The sunset was spectacular. I forgot my money in the room, but the worker at Westender said no problem, just hook him up when I get a chance. In Negril, if you're a tourist, your credit is gold and your word is your bond. God I love this town!

I then headed to Ricks for the end of the Sunset and to see the Cliff divers -- every time I turn away, I miss the big jump, it's been happening to me for years -- and after returning to Seastar, I had yet another massive platter of pasta with meat sauce (so good). That, combined with all the fun and sun and probably 12 spliffs through the day, got me tired.

BTW, it was the perfect time to be hangin' at the bar because Chris was in a great mood and was buying rounds for everyone!

When I entered my room with plans to click through the TV channels for a bit and enjoy the AC, I fell asleep, as has happened a few times this reach, and I did not wake up until past 3 in the morning -- this time, I did not grab my keys and head out to Scrub a Dub or some other gathering of ill-repute; instead, I lay back on my pillow and went back to sleep, totally satisfied that I had spent enough time with all the young party girls of Negril who are learning to yell my name as I speed by in my scooter.

A few us might head to Margaritaville this morning to hang in one of the cabanas, but I also want to hit Booby Cay again, and perhaps another trip to blue hole. It's my last full day. Whatever I do or don't do, I will be content. This is my 15th day in Negril, and I've had the time of my life. It is not over yet, but I'm not sure about a big crescendo. Then again, there is my other shoulder, upon which there's a little devil egging me on a la 'Animal House' .... stay tuned.
    Last edited by gerryg123; 07-11-2011 at 08:31 AM.

User Info Menu

hey gerry i seen you flying around on your moped -

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=gerryg123;7004] .......So close to God.

You so get it Gerry. Bless
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

"I headed down to meet Anthony, the friend I made in front of the Jungle last Friday when i was looking for the back cover of my phone (it had broken off, cheap Jamaica phone). Anyway, Anthony is a trip cause he is an expat type who speaks perfect Patois, yet he is lilly white European looking -- it takes you surprise when you hear him talk w locals cause he been here 22 years or something, so he has all the gestures and accents the same, too.

He works at Whistling Bird, where I had hung out by mistake thinking it was Yellowbird for Rob's party, so we hung out and chatted it up. Actually, he is the owner. I had one of their blended fruit punches, good stuff, and soaked up some rays, swam in the ocean, and used his courtesy "sand" shower that's really pimp cause it has multiple shower heads, one for the feet, one for the tummy, and one rain shower overhead .... god I love this town."

'Anthony' is the owner ??? must be the multiple-name Jamaican thing .... or WB has a new owner??

User Info Menu

Laurel...as far as I know Jim is still the owner of Whistling Bird. And, only guessing...but by Gerry's description...it sounds like Anthony could be a son of Jim's....does he have a son?

User Info Menu

I can't see your latest update here at work (whatever you wrote must have triggered the sensors). Now I have something to look forward to reading when I get home!

User Info Menu

right BeNewbs ... I know the Boydston's - and I thought there was only one daughter I had not met cuz she was in school in the States when I spent time around WB.

anyhoo - doesn't really matter.

User Info Menu

Gerry....I read in an earlier post that you rented your scooter from Gas. If you dont mind......how long a period did you rent for and how much? I'm gonna be there soon and rent from him and am curious what he's charging these days. I'm used to $15-$20 a day for a weeks rental in the off season.....and hoping to get that kind of deal again.

User Info Menu

ya, $20 per day should cover you -- dont pay more than that, even in high season .... the Net was down at Seastar for a couple of days, and the last two days or so were filled with excitement and adventure (relatively speaking) .... I just got online for the first time here in Houston on a layover, and I will report back when I get home to Los Angeles. I miss my daughters a lot!

User Info Menu

Oh yes, I am not positive Anthony owns Whistling Bird, but it appeared that way ....