Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: Negril is better than ever! I am here, and I am having a GOOD time!

User Info Menu

bravo, gerry . . . what i find amazing is that if a woman was doing what you're doing, the ja man is labelled a gigalo . . . when a man who is older and is all over a young girl, ppl cheer on!! . . . go figure!!!

sounds like you had a blast.

User Info Menu

I know I've been raving about the snorkeling, but this time, I swear, it was the best i have EVER seen anywhere, including many trips to Cancun, Bora Bora, Bahamas, etc.

There had to be 20 rays -- a huge manta that even impressed the guide, plus sting rays of all sizes and colors, a few of them that started out just under the sand before swiveling away. There were eels, gigantic schools of fish (and not just the yellow ones) and so much more. I loved it!

Before I hitched a ride on the boat -- with the great Famous Vincent and his mate, Roger -- I met up with the fisherman I had mentioned before, Patrick, who for $15 sold me a huge string of fish consisting of three lobsters, a bunch of conch (so good) and five or six little fishes.

We hit Booby Cay (lots more rays again), and a guy cooked for us by prior arrangement (he kicked down side dish of cooked cabbage, and I tipped him $10), and wow what a great meal.

Back at Seastar Inn, chillin. Ran out of local minutes but Chris kicked me down .... what a sport. No plans tonight, I'm a little sunburned.

Oh ya, earlier in the day, I hung out at Whistling Bird (Rob invited me to the party at Yellowbird, but I guess I messed it all up); nice place, nice beach with lots of shade, and the bar lady, Cynthia, was very nice to us.

Here are some more pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images           

User Info Menu

Yes, Jitterbug, datta tru!!....wha yuh ah seh...

User Info Menu

Went down to roundabout for a little Jerk chicken. Dropped the girl off at her yard with plans to return. Meantime, went to Catcha to chill a bit, enjoy my thoughts as the moon beams on the ocean in front of me. God what a view. I hear the echo of storm thunder, the vague glow of distant lightning .... It's gonna be a good night.

User Info Menu

Here are some more pics ....
    Attached Images Attached Images          

User Info Menu

Last edited by Schuttzie; 07-10-2011 at 05:08 AM.

User Info Menu

I think some people are just quick to label. I went out with a younger Jamaican man for a few years. I didn't give him money or buy him stuff. He was so fun and handsome, we really had a great time together. I am sure people would look at us and think one thing--but they don't know anything so let them think what they want to. I talked to my guy on the phone almost every night for two years and saw him over the course of 9 visits over 4 years. We are still friends but don't hang out like we used to. Sure he had an on again off again girlfriend (off again when he was with me)--but he didn't hide that from me and told me upfront. In the beginning that didn't matter so much to me--we were new to each other, I lived in a another country and could only see him a couple of times a year.

I have no regrets I think people should judge less. If two adults are enjoying themselves together and no one is getting hurt- or exploited- I say go for it. The intricacies of any relationship are no one's business but the two involved.

Thanks for the photos and ongoing report Gerry, between the food, the beautiful women, and the amazing sea, you must be in paradise! Treat your gal good, be safe on the roads and be safe in bed!
    Last edited by irieworld; 07-09-2011 at 10:24 AM.

User Info Menu

Enjoy Jerry, Reality is at your door soon. I understand there always a double standard even in Jamaica, but in Negril we all can get away and do things we don"t normally do back home, let your wild side out for a few days. Adventures and memories is all we have from Negril.

User Info Menu

There was a big bikini party on the beach last night at seven mile, at the far near chill awhile, i think, and there was a big crowd of mostly young locals. Not too many tourists, a lot of police at the door and out front, I guess for security, but everyone seemed quite well behaved.

We did not stay long, also checked out Alfreds. There was Jessica at the jerk stand in front with a friend from Canada, they did not go in the club, and neither did we. I dropped off the girl, wanted some time for myself, so i headed to get some gas at Texaco, and there was my friend Keith from Philly with a friend, really cute young girl.

They said they were going to rooftop, so I met there there -- oh god, here I go again -- but I only stayed a short time, so i took off. It was about 3 a.m, by this time, no one around on the cliffs, and i was stone cold sober. I took off my helmet, let the wind blow through my hair, and took a wonderful drive up the hill back to my yard.

I slept well, very well. Life is good. I dont have a worry in the world.

User Info Menu

Today, I woke up with vague plans to go to the store to get some antacid pills, but instead I ended up riding with some yardies in their rental car. They said they wanted to see a farm but had no real idea how to do so except to go to Orange Hill, and I was not too sure myself, but I said OK I would go with them .... First thing, dude crashed the car while trying to back up, and I am like, wow, I hope this all works out. They had tons of stuff, and the party was on. We headed past Bantons to Westender, hung out there and met a guy who said there was a farm nearby that we could check out.

We piled in the car, four of us, laughing and smoking, and the guy on a cycle took us through some small roads, one of which was locked and then locked again behind us once we passed, and he met a couple of friends, who led us up a hill. It was all good vibes, friendly, cause I had met the first guy before .... He took us to a field, amazing. We are talking huge stalks. We went back to Westender, got a big room on the beach, and started it up ....