Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Negril is better than ever! I am here, and I am having a GOOD time!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    A few more notes and observations:

And finally, here's something that should bring all of you a little smile: I was chatting with my seven-year-old daughter this morning, and I asked her what's the LONGEST amount of time she thought she could enjoy herself in Jamaica? "Oh, forever, daddy," she said. "Come on," I insisted. "Wouldn't you miss the rest of your family, all your friends, your school and your classmates? And what about all your favorite TV shows and sushi? Sushi is your favorite, and you wouldn't get to have it anymore .... " She looked at me, thought for a second and said: "You're right, daddy. I couldn't go forever. I guess about a YEAR." ....
    Sweet story....but tell your daughter that she can get Sushi here...so she CAN stay longer than a year!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Sweet story....but tell your daughter that she can get Sushi here...so she CAN stay longer than a year!
    tru.....nuthin better than cutting up some freshly caught local Blue Fin Tuna and having your Sushi in Negril......
    done it many times and it's awesome!!

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

OK, i am coming back to Negril! I'm still ironing out the dates, but it looks like I will be returning in January to the Seastar Inn. Place is more crowded than i expected, so for the first four days I will be staying elsewhere.

Here are my top prospects for the first four nights, and I would love some input:

1, Travellers Beach Resort -- the place gets great reviews, and my new friend Brasi likes the place. The prices are low, too, only about 63 per night, all in .....

2, Westender Inn -- I love hangin out here all the time, and I've stayed in the back cabins but never the pimped out oceanfront suites ..... If you have a scooter, and of course I will have one, it's perfect, right?

3, Catcha Gardens -- Everyone I've met has loved this place, but is there AC in all the units???

4, Banana Shout -- I think I would fit right in here .....

Who else is arriving in early January?

User Info Menu

Way to go Gerry.Really like you reports and the way you live life.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    1, Travellers Beach Resort -- the place gets great reviews, and my new friend Brasi likes the place. The prices are low, too, only about 63 per night, all in .....

2, Westender Inn -- I love hangin out here all the time, and I've stayed in the back cabins but never the pimped out oceanfront suites ..... If you have a scooter, and of course I will have one, it's perfect, right?

3, Catcha Gardens -- Everyone I've met has loved this place, but is there AC in all the units???

4, Banana Shout -- I think I would fit right in here ....
    think either Catcha Gardens or Banana Shout.......
    and no there isn't A/C in every room at Catcha Gardens....Jan you probably don't need it
    if budget was no problmem I'd grab Banana Shout........owner is super duper
    Catcha Gardens if mi on a budget........

Travelers is fine and it's one of mi old hangouts............close to town to get supplies etc too.........

personally I think Westender is just way to far from anything........it is a top notch place.......

tuff choices..........going solo Catcha Gardens would be the ticket......
    if mi a couple I'd probably go Banana Shout.......and if on a budget.......go with Travelers.......

and if mi a beach bum going solo......Secrets on da beach

Moonlight Villa and Blue Cave Castle are excellent choices too........

so many places, so likkle time..........

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Blue Cave Castle seems like a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. Too many stairs!

User Info Menu

Depends how incognito you wish to be -westender could be handy for that how much are the back cabin rooms priced at these days?
    Also depends if you want to be up by the cliffs or down by the beach-travellers is a nice spot it is central and the ambience is nice.I have not seen inside the bedrooms
    If you have a scooter catcha gardens looks nice and is very similar priced to seastar-road location has stopped me booking there so far as I do not think there is a beach shuttle and I do not fancy the road with the kids,For the right price I would probably book and just have someone drive up and come get us
    what dates are you thinking of going?

User Info Menu

I stayed at the back cottages at Westender for 50 per night -- it was a steal. Totally furnished, full kitchen -- and you're at the Westender ..... I can stay anywhere and be happy, with the top priorities being 1, comfy bed and AC; 2, pool or an ocean view; 3, bargain rate (I don't paying a lot if it's worth it, but I LOVE paying a little when it's MORE than worth it!).

User Info Menu

Are they just one bedroom cottages at westender?how did you find the location?what did you particularly like about it?
    Is there anything nearby ? and do you preferably need a car?

User Info Menu

The hotel itself is way up there like two miles past Ricks on the cliffs .... The cottages are one-bedrooms, and they're four-star quality nice. Very big and luxurious with couches, really nice kitchen with all the utensils, etc. The rock pool is amazing -- I have been dreaming of that spot since I returned to L.A.

The best thing nearby is Bantons, a great little bar down the road, plus my friend Keith, an American who lives part-time in a big house across from Bantons.

Without a scooter or car, I would never do it. But I always have one, and I will use any excuse to scoot around town!