Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Negril is better than ever! I am here, and I am having a GOOD time!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    Oh wait, first I stopped at JahB's to see if I could rent a scooter at 930 at night, but he said through a closed door that I had to wait until tomorrow. What a dump that place is, sorry but it's true. Trash all over, really rundown ....
    Did you honestly expect to rent a scooter at 9:30 at night?
    The bike shop closes at 6:00 for future reference .....

It's not cool to slander a location, simply because you were told 'no'.

User Info Menu

ex ochigirl in a tourist spot some tourists think they CAN rent things late in some places you can and some you can't.
    I do not believe he was slandering the place just because the scooter part was shut.I am sure it was not that a big a deal.He said it was a dump in his opinion trash all over and rundown.People say what they see sometimes.If it was not there then he would be a fool to say it.I do not believe gerry was imaging what he saw,not at all as i saw a little bit of the same he speaks of myself with my own eyes.A bit I could add on top but I won't as I don't feel the need to but just because someone says they think a place is a mess we should not always assume they are just annoyed at something so make these things up.We can go take a look for ourselves,but I guess what looks rundown to one person may be a palace to another.But I kinda get where gerrys coming from

User Info Menu

Gerry - I've been loving these updates from Negril! It's so cool that you're providing an on-site day by day report of your travels! It's been so much fun to read.

Your candid writing is refreshing and oftentimes very funny! You sound like you're having such a great time in Negril and you're really living it up! I've been checking in every day to see what's going to happen next! I have to check out the rooftop on my next trip, it sounds like a blast

Thank you so much for taking to the time share your experiences. I'm looking forward to the next update!!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

No, I did not slander Jah B's cause he couldnt rent a scooter at 930, I just happen to notice (again, I might add, having been there before) that the place is a dump. Had my hotel been closer, I might have returned for a scooter the next morning; since my arrival, i have indeed seen several scooter places open late at night ....

Clarity, that's a big honor coming from you that you like the report .... i promise not to make you wait a month for the next installment, ha ha!
    Last edited by gerryg123; 07-14-2011 at 01:08 PM.

User Info Menu

LOL! - So where IS the next installment?! It's been 24 hours!!!

**waiting**

Btw - how is your arm doing? I was worried when you said you hurt it diving off those cliffs like a wild man. You are WAY braver than me!
    Last edited by Clarity; 07-02-2011 at 06:00 PM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

great report-- thanks for sharing

User Info Menu

On Friday night, there was a huge party across the way from the Seastar Inn -- I did not drop in, but boy was it loud! A new yardie checked in, Adam, a school teacher from Detroit, and he was a great guy. He and two from Canada (that's all of us, lol) spent the evening drinking at the bar at Seastar, and I had a BUNCH of hummingbirds n Heinekens.

My arm was fine, just a little sore like the rest of my body. Besides cliff jumping, I've been walking around in sandals, riding the scooter, snorkeling, swimming, etc., and I guess I'm just not used to it, so a bit sore.

Sadly, I checked out of Seastar Inn on Saturday, as planned, and god I am going to miss that place. They're just really good peeps over there, and everything is in good condition, and as mentioned constantly, the food is amazingly good.

But I was also looking forward to returning to Bar B Barn, and once I did, everyone was really happy to see me and they were very welcoming. I got a nice room with high, cathedral ceilings, a fridge, great AC, a king bed, plus breakfast and $15 dollar dinner per night at Angelas -- you can't beat it for 70 dollars no tax!

The fam and I went to Xtabi and spent a leisurely day jumping the cliff (me), exploring the caves, drinking dirty bananas and playing checkers with the kids. It started to pour rain, but it was OK. I love the rain.

When we returned to the beach, the eldest daughter, 7, wanted to hang with me at Bar B Barn, and she soon fell into a three-hour nap that pretty much gobbled the afternoon. The two girls are having so much that they're beside themselves. I'm having a great time, too, but the ex wife is a bit moody and not nearly as adventurous as the rest of us (took everything we had to convince to go to Xtabi), but, hey, that's why we're not married anymore. We're just not a perfect match, but I've made a big effort to keep my cool and stay friends since the divorce 16 months ago, but I have to be honest: They less time we spend together, the happier I am!

I have not been eating nearly as much as usual this trip, just feel like I am on the go go go all the time, but I could not resist ordering a massive plate of pasta from Angelas. I had the Spaghetti Bolognese (I know, boring, but I had to compare to Seastar Inn), and the daughter had the pasta carbonara (good stuff!).

Once the evening fell, it really started to rain hard. Instead of taking the fam to Seastar for the party (Francine invited me as their guests), I decided to just spend the night alone and catch up on some sleep. I slept so well I don't even remember my dreams, but they were good ones.

God, I sleep well in Negril.

It's the morning, and it's already hot hot hot!

Three more nights for me, last one for the ex and kids. Lord have mercy when they leave cause I am storing up energy, baby!
    Last edited by gerryg123; 07-14-2011 at 01:11 PM.

User Info Menu

LOL.. great reporting... Keep "storing up that energy" I KNOW you're gonna need it when she leaves-
    "Live for today as tomorrow is not promised" Live....Love....Laugh....

User Info Menu

Great report! It's soooo funny and exciting!

User Info Menu

What a great day. I met a cabbie in front of Legends named Chunkie, great guy. Been cabbin round here for 30 years or something. I took the kids (no ex wife on this one) to Blue Hole Gardens in Roaring River. On the way up, just past the roundabout, there was one of those only-in-Negril sightings -- a couple of teenagers racing along on a motorcycle, the passenger holding on to the bike with one arm and a big octopus with the other ....

Blue Hole was amazing. On the way, all the locals were dressed so nice to go to church. I met my friend Robert there, known this guy for years, really cool guy. Tall, thin, tight dreds, a little red on top. Always in a good mood. He brought his two dogs to Blue Hole and guided us. Kids love that place. I brought a raft and had a nice iced juice drink as a lay in the cool water, gazing at the plant life. It feels like a scene straight out of Jurassic Park.

Just outside, I met a group of six or seven young kids, like three to nine years old, and I gave them all an American dollar -- they did not ask, but they were thrilled.

We stayed a couple of hours, enjoyed the river and the blue hole pool (think Blue Lagoon), and then on the way home we bumped into a funeral procession, and suddenly I got very emotional. The kids are leaving with the ex early tomorrow (I am staying a couple of extra days), and it's dawning on me that I'm getting older. I'm in late 40s, and though I plan to enjoy Negril for many years, I can't partake in such adventurous activities like Cliff jumping and scooter riding and tipping heavily for privacy at a strip club -- well, maybe the last one ....

I love to push limits, especially when I travel, but I'm not stupid. I am going to have to slow down. Not this time, maybe not the next time, but soon.

We stopped at that little bakery next to Juici's and loaded up on patties and coco bread and fruit boxes -- I bought my driver lunch, tipped him ten dollars, and dropped the kids off at Legends. Then it started pouring, so I took a little break at my hotel room, smoked several massive spliffs, then ate a nice plate of pasta at the bar before heading into the sea on my raft. Rough life ....
    Last edited by gerryg123; 07-14-2011 at 01:13 PM.