Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Negril is better than ever! I am here, and I am having a GOOD time!

User Info Menu

Let the good times roll ,,, I spent the morning at Xtabi, surfing the net, doing a little work, but not much cause I soon found myself in usual pattern of smoking spliffs, jumping the Cliff, chill on the raft, repeat .... After enjoying a strong cup of coffee, I let the puter charge at Xtabi, and off I went. I cruised to Seastar to arrange transpo back to airport tomorrow (god I want to extend a day or two), but no one was there so I hit the road again and headed to Banton's toward the Westender. We chatted, took some pics of a HUGE batch, then good news: My friend Keith from Philly, who lives in the house in front of Bantons, was back, so we visited and caught up on things. We have loose plans to tear it up later. I went to Westender, jumped in pool, drank some iced tea, megt Jackie from Jackies Reef across the street (poor thing, not one single guest in the whole hotel, she says), then relaxed by the cliffs there at Westender.

Westender has an amazing rock jacuzzi against the shore, you would love hangin out in this natural jacuzzi -- place looks like a scene from movie, so nice.

Then I hit the road again, oh crap, I have NEVER been to Catcha Fallin Star, so I visited that place, met some tourists, had another iced tea and another dip in their beautiful pool .... I could have jumped in ocean, but it looked a little rough, plus a tall ladder, those are tough on my sensitive feet!

Catcha is a really nice place. I like it a lot .....

Back to Xtabi -- meet a boardie, ya, very rare for me! Her name is Ingrid from Norway, nice lady.

Also met an original Negril hippie from '73, a nice man from Athens, Georgia who has coming to Xtabi for a LONG time ..... Nice guy: I was takin notes while he was chatting with me, and here is what he said (good stuff): "You're only in this world for so long, so you've got to choose your time wisely. Seventy-five years is over in the blink of an eye, my friend."

Then he urged me to ditch my cell phone and unplug! God I wish I could, have to take care of a little work through the day, here and there, and god I can't wait to finish it. I will pull it off, then I am going to take a five hour energy drink to charge up a bit. I need it, I am draggin just a bit, but the adrenalin is flowin' too. God I love this place!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Exciting news: I've extended for six more nights. Had to do it, my friends .....

User Info Menu

Go on with your bad self-keep this story flowing

User Info Menu

Rock on gerryg123...thats a dream of every boardie I am sure....I know its one of mine at the end of every single trip!
    Have a blast, make it count

User Info Menu

"Also met an original Negril hippie from '73"
    Made me smile. I know quite a few of those...maybe even the one you met, lol!

You should heed his advice...try it for the 6 days you extended...pack up the computer, put away the cell phone and REALLY get into the "island vibe". I bet you'll have TONS to write about when its all said and done next week.

I know the work thing...I'm there 3 months so its part of my day to day - but I work a few hours a day then - FINISH! I don't sit at the computer for the rest of the day. I find its one of the most refreshing things I can do for myself while I'm there - disconnect as much as I possibly can. Heck, during the holidays I only touch the computer to put a movie on ocassionally. Try it...you'll LIKE IT!!!

Keep on rockin!

User Info Menu

We'd close up the boats and drive back to Spring Garden. No electricity, no pipe water. "Home Sweet Home" lamps in the house and a "tilly" lamp up in the kitchen where Izel would be cooking. Just the sounds of the goats and fowl in the yards. Every so often we'd hear a Jamaican "discussion" down on the flat out by the road. Very peaceful and pleasant. It's a blessing.

Try it......It might change your life
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

LOL Omar said you been camped out there at Xtabi. Guess I will get my action shot now. 6 more nights, wow, were you on some spliffs when you made those calls, LOL. Nobody likes coming back to reality but you will have to someday.
    So surprise me where you staying for those?

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

Another 6 nites!!?!! I'm drooling at the thought.

User Info Menu

I'm staying at Seastar Inn -- it's too good a deal to pass up, that place is amazing. Plus, I like the Net in my room, and there's better water pressure than Bar B Barn, who made a very nice offer, too. I will still hang out here a bit, I think.

Well, I caved. I hit up Jodie again, so the flame is still goin' .... We had a nice time together, I took her to Ricks. Damn, some big fools jumping off that big cliff, makin some big splashes (no pencil manuver), and they're all coming up to the surface unscatched. I dunno how they do it -- it's at least 15 feet higher than Xtabi.

Hung at Banton's for a while, visiting my friend from Philly. Visited Seastar Inn. Got gas for the scooter. Stopped at Debars chicken, it was good stuff but SPICY .... I asked him if he could make it more BBQ style, but that chicken was so spicy tears were streaming down my face! Still good, tho!

I need to return to Booby Cay and find Jessica. My heart is pumpin' baby!

User Info Menu

Gerry, ask Donovan about Jessica.
    She is one pure JaAmerican chick that is for sure! If it weren't for appearance I would think her absolutely pure Jamaican. Very nice lady but wow spicy. What happened to her super mega hot bulked to the core did I mention super hot young Diver boyfriend?
    There have got to be other tourist that know who Jessica is as well, she is not quiet. What she has managed, running her business quite successfully in the US living there while in her I would say high 30's early 40's is very commendable.
    Gerry you have me checking in more than a sope opera plus i get the side details earlier in the days too from onsite friends. I have to admit I didn't think you would manage as well as you have. Keep having fun! Boardies love pics to by the way ( hint hint...) inserted in reports.

Children Are Our Tomorrow !