Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feb 28- March 10, 2013 report...mostly pics I think

User Info Menu

Feb 28- March 10, 2013 report...mostly pics I think

Had to go solo this year because the Mrs had a scheduling conflict which required her to go in January. We both got a vaca in, but would have been better together obviously.

It was the first time flying out of SFO and I was not looking forward to the midnight special. Asdie from leaving at midnight, the connection via Atlanta was smooth, very easy to navigate there and no issue making a connection. The nice part is you arrive in Negril around noon and it gives you a good part of the afternoon the first day to enjoy.

My plans were to spend a few days at Our Past Time and then finish out the week at Beachcomber.
    OPT is a nice quiet place sandwiched between Sandals and what used to be Poinceinna(sp) aka, Beaches Sandy Bay..sorry I can't remember the name of it this week.

Before I give you some pics remember...I'm not talented like a lot of you guys with great cameras and skill to match. All these came from my little point and shoot that I got for $18 from Best Buy Auctions. One or two maybe be from my iPad but you get the picture

Here's OPT grill on the beach...cooking up some lobster....
    Name:  DSCI0562.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  91.1 KB

Walking down the beach, happened upon some guys rehabing this big cat...

Name:  DSCI0564.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  99.0 KB

My room....

Name:  DSCI0565.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  95.8 KB

Late afternoon view from my room

Name:  DSCI0566.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  76.3 KB

Breakfast at OPT
    Name:  DSCI0568.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  90.7 KB
    Name:  DSCI0569.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  83.0 KB
    Soon come!

User Info Menu

Re: Feb 28- March 10, 2013 report...mostly pics I think

The second day there, Sharon from the "Pink Ladies" talked me into a massage. They have been at OPT for a long time. The second she touched my shoulders she says "oh my God!"....I said, ya, lots of stress!
    Then I get the Tina Turner line: "some times we do it easy, sometimes rough..." I said, I'll try it the hard way.
    I was doing just fine until she did something I think with her elbow, from my lower back all the way up and down both sides....I thought I was gonna squeal like a little girl....
    She said...I may be little but I'm strong....
    yes you are!
    After she finished, I stumbled down the beach and feel asleep under a Sea Grape tree.
    Last edited by Thatswhatshesaid; 03-11-2013 at 07:27 PM.
    Soon come!

User Info Menu

A couple more from Our Past Time
    Name:  WP_000052.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  86.9 KB

Name:  WP_000053.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  101.5 KB

Name:  WP_000057.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  88.7 KB
    Soon come!

User Info Menu

Great!! The pictures really take me there. Don't worry yourself about the camera. Most of us have the point and shoot type too! Quite frankly, they look good to me. Really anxious to see and hear more about your trip.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Thanks...here's a couple from OPT taken from the iPad ....the little cabanna with the pink curtains it where the Pink Ladies have their business.
    Name:  photo7.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  93.3 KB

Name:  photo8.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  99.3 KB
    Soon come!

User Info Menu

Had 3 nice peaceful days at Our Past Time. If I wasn't getting the week at Beachcomber for my timeshare maint fee, I would have stayed put. Got to BC and fortunately this time they had my reservation. Just in case I had print outs of emails and a copy of my bank statement showing payment of the maint fee...I didn't want to go through what happened last time.
    But as usual, room not ready...no biggie, I was already dressed for the beach, and shoved my bag behind the front desk and headed for the bar.
    Soon come!

User Info Menu

Loved your pics!! There were 6 of us that stopped there on Monday (I think) LOL yes definitely 6 of us but maybe wasn't Monday....?....days & time while in Jamaica are easy to lose track of.....anyway, we were walking the beach from Sea Splash. Stopped here to get a few adult beverages and use the facilities. Place looked lovely and purchased some hotter then hell pickled peppers from the gentleman on the beach. Danger Danger............those peppers look pretty in the jar but they are blazingly hot!!! We did notice someone left a really nice pair of sunglasses on one of the restaurant tables but hopefully if they were yours you did find them.

User Info Menu

Those pictures don't look bad to me.. Give us more!!

User Info Menu

Settled in at Beachcomber as home base. Make a trek up to my/our spot to hang for the week. The waves were high Sunday and Monday, by Negril standards at least and washed up some weeds. I figured it would be a long time to get rid of them.
    Example of the rough started to the week...
    Name:  DSCI0573.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  92.0 KB
    Name:  DSCI0575.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  92.0 KB
    Weeds left by the earlier rough seas
    Name:  DSCI0583.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  84.4 KB
    Name:  DSCI0586.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  81.3 KB
    Soon come!

User Info Menu

Within one day, some how the sea weed fairy removed it all over night.
    Name:  DSCI0578.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  92.9 KB
    Name:  DSCI0579.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  91.8 KB
    Name:  DSCI0580.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  90.8 KB
    Soon come!