Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blue Cave Castle// /TOP on my list of places to stay

User Info Menu

Blue Cave Castle// /TOP on my list of places to stay

Thought I’d shift this to positive energy, and give Blue Cave Castle the top rating it has earned.

Just a little history....

Been “hitting the rock” since 1985 and have stayed at many places over the years, from Hedo to Banana Shout and places in between. Haven’t really had any problems with any of them. Well, one, but in the whole scheme of life, not worth venting about.

In 2002, after reading all of the posts about Blue Cave Castle on negril.com, we booked our annual Negril vacation at Blue Cave Castle... LOVED IT and everything about it!!! We have returned almost every year since.

Whether our reservations have been made via carrier pigeon (close enough… the first year I sent a check via snail mail), or via the website, there has never been a problem. Using the information on the Blue Cave Castle website, I have been able to make reservations, exchange emails, change reservations, confirm reservations … oh my gosh, even make a phone call (what a huge plus just to hear Petrona’s beautiful island voice). From ownership to management to staff and back around the circle, they are all ever-present in their responsibilities to accommodate the guests at the Castle.

The rooms are well-appointed, and maintained to high standards. The yard is beautiful, peaceful, and secure. The coffee/tea provided every morning is a perfect way to start each day. Easy access in and out of the sea… snorkeling through the cave under the property... star gazing at night…

BLUE CAVE CASTLE has earned and is very deserving of being at the TOP ON MY LIST of places to stay in Negril…

Thanks to negril.com and this forum for introducing me to this amazing property.

User Info Menu

Re: Blue Cave Castle// /TOP on my list of places to stay

Glad you started an new positive thread. I have always wanted to stay at the castle because previous guests are always so pumped about their stays there! Just learning the story behind it being built is enough of a reason to visit.

User Info Menu

I've never stayed there but I've seen it from the water and it looked amazing.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

I plan to stay here in the future! I love the fact it actually looks like a castle and not just a name.

User Info Menu

I stayed for a couple of nights last year and LOVED the place.

It's very private rafting in the little caves, and it's easy water access. The cave runs pretty deep under the ground, i would say 100 feet or so, and it's a pretty irie feeling floating and swimming around down there.

I have since visited several times, and everyone is always nice to me.

I was on the second floor overlooking the Cliffs (room six I think but not sure), and I could hear the waves at night.

There was a huge overhead fan that was like a jet propeller, I loved it.

Plus it's right down the street from Bentley's ... what could be bad?

User Info Menu

Well done! Great way to put a positive perspective on it.
    I have only admired BCC from the water and road but really want to take a tour our next reach.
    https://www.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/4;10747;126/st/20230508/e/Negril+Bound/dt/-2/k/37c0/event.png

User Info Menu

I've stayed at several properties on past trips & they are were all nice, but decided to try BCC for numerous reasons. So stayed at BCC for 2 weeks last October for the first time. The first 2 days I was the only guest & I felt like a princess in my private castle! Even after other guests arrived, I still felt special staying there. The entire staff without exception is wonderful, friendly, & accomodating. Returned last month & they treated me as a returning friend not just guest. I wish I were there right now!
    Heavenly Negril Trips:
    Feb '11, May '11, Sept '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Feb '12, Oct '12, Feb '13

User Info Menu

kaycee, it doesn't just look like a castle, it is a castle! The Blue Cave Castle is my absolute favorite place to stay in Negril. Susan, Petrona, Teddy and the rest are like family and have been for years. There is no more unique, funky and chill place stay and it is quite simply my happy place.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ras Walleye View Post
    kaycee, it doesn't just look like a castle, it is a castle! The Blue Cave Castle is my absolute favorite place to stay in Negril. Susan, Petrona, Teddy and the rest are like family and have been for years. There is no more unique, funky and chill place stay and it is quite simply my happy place.
    LOL!! thanks!

User Info Menu

Another thing I've noticed is the extraordinarily high customer satisfaction vibe .... LOTS of returnees to this place, and I have never met anyone grumpy there in all my visits. .... A few years ago, it used to be THEEE most affordable place you could click on the Net -- like fifty dollars a night all in -- and the place is still a good bargain .... Careful going in and out, the gate is kind of on a curve ....