Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Jamaica Bared" on the Travel Channel tonight!

User Info Menu

Re: "Jamaica Bared" on the Travel Channel tonight!

i just watched it. it was a good show

User Info Menu

Look close at the drummers for the "voodoo" segment. Prize to whomever can tell me where you seen them before.

User Info Menu

just watched it on CoxOnDemand.....very cool, Nice to see some new things about the island that some of the other shows haven't shown.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by browser59 View Post
    Look close at the drummers for the "voodoo" segment. Prize to whomever can tell me where you seen them before.
    They're from Sea star right?

User Info Menu

I saw it. Pretty fun show.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by browser59 View Post
    I haven't watched it yet, but when I hear mention of "drummers" I would think Seastar too.
    Johio

User Info Menu

thanks yetta. it's not on here in Boston till march 31st!!!!...but i can wait!!

User Info Menu

You are very welcome! So glad that I came across the listing. I really enjoyed the show also. Any Jamaica fix I can get right now, helps. I got about 9 months of waiting around for the next trip. Gonna be a long, hot summer...but it will all be worth the wait as usual. Love me some Jamaica!!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

The drummer on the right in the voodoo segment is the lead drummer @ seastar-- saw him for sure at xmas. Pretty sure the drummer on the left is also a seastar drummer. I thought a majority of the general shots were Negril. I've never seen signs of voodoo on the island. Has anyone here seen any signs of voodoo? I prefer my chicken jerked. LOL

User Info Menu

This is from wiki answers:
    Answer:A very small population of Jamaicans practice the West Indian version of voodoo which is called obeah. Obeah is a system of belief among blacks chiefly of the British West Indies that is characterized by the use of magic ritual to ward off misfortune or to cause harm.

And also this from the MoBay info page:
    Obeahism the Jamaican form of Voodoo exists but is seldom heard of. The Obeah man is supposed to marshal evil spirits to bring good or bad fortune. The practice of Obeahism is a still considered a crime punishable by imprisonment here.
    Money is not the key to happiness, Happiness is!
    Ben Franklin