Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Places to stay in Portland

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Re: Places to stay in Portland

One last question. How long should I expect drive time from MoBay airport to PA, specifically the Match Resort?
    I read posts and hotel info with anything from 2.5hrs to 5hrs.
    I think the 2.5 hrs is from hotel sites who don't want to scare off business - and I think 5hrs is probably closer to truth.

I managed to get a flight arriving MoBay at 11am - so I think we should have no problem getting there before dark.
    I've driven in JA several times, now - after waiting until about 4th trip to try it - and all is good EXCEPT driving at night, especially in unfamiliar area.
    I've driven MoBay to Negril, Negril to Treasure Beach (horrible road) to Mandeville and back to Negril, Negril to YS Falls and even Accompong (beautiful scenery, horrible drive) so I know how bad it can get.

I figure clear customs by 12:30 worst case. Fiance's stepfather drives a taxi and is bringing her to airport to meet me - so no side trip to Negril to get her.
    Then get rental car paperwork done and be on road by 1:30pm. I want to take it leisurely enough to see the coast and be able to stop for food, fruit stands, etc.
    But I also want to make sure we get there before dark. I've been as far as Ochi on one trip, so know the road that far is fine - how about between Ochi and PA?

Thanks again all,
    OB1
    Last edited by Ohio_Buckeye_1; 03-21-2013 at 04:59 PM.