Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sim cards

User Info Menu

Exclamation Sim cards

The last two times I was in Negril they had no sims card anywhere from ochi to negril. I have friends there now looking and cant find any either. then i read on trip advisor there have been no sim cards since Nov '12... Has anyone heard about this, and most importantly where can I get a sim card when there in a week or posted to me before I leave!?

User Info Menu

Re: Sim cards

There sure hasn't been any at all!! I was there in jan and none..

User Info Menu

aug and november none either!!! I dont know what to do,,, the price is robbery on amazon..who heard of a sim card for 60 USD!!!!!

User Info Menu

so whats the difference between digicel and lime cards?

Sponsor

User Info Menu

I bought a sim card last month from digicel in negril...

Many on the board say that Lime has cheaper rates.

User Info Menu

Am I understanding this correctly? If I need a new SIM card for a phone that I bought from digicell in negril last year, and had planned on buying it from digicell in negril this weekend, they won't have one?

User Info Menu

I bought a prepay digicel sim in Feb?

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

I had no problem finding a sim in March, The Digicel store across from the Burger King had them for under 500j.

User Info Menu

Not sure about sim only, but I bought a phone with 600 international minutes from Lime for around $30US....obviously it came with a sim...if I want to keep it active I just need to add some minutes every 30 days I think.
    Soon come!

User Info Menu

I tried to buy a cell phone/sim card while I was there this last October and the Digicell had no Sim cards and the Lime(at the roundabout?) was closed every day when I went. It was frustrating because I just wanted to get a cell phone for use during the trip and for future trips but they had nothing available.

If there are none available on my next trip in August I guess I'll just have to use my Sprint phone where it's a quarter per text message, don't need a cell phone THAT badly where I'll overpay online...