Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your top "day trip" or experience?

User Info Menu

What is your top "day trip" or experience?

If you had to pick one day trip or experience while in Negril, what would it be?

Is your answer different for a newbie?

We already have the One Love Bus booked, and we're planning a trip to the Appleton Estates factory for the tour. But with so many amazing things to see, we're having trouble deciding what else we want to really pursue while we're there. We'll be there for 8 nights and we plan on "not planning" at least half our time... but I really want to make sure we see the things that have made so many people fall in love with this place.

So tell me your favorite place to go or thing to do/experience!

<3 Kim

User Info Menu

Re: What is your top "day trip" or experience?

For your first trip, I would plan to see one of the falls - either Mayfield or YS. Pelican Bar is also a popular excursion. Some people combine YS Falls and Pelican Bar into a one day excursion, but either one can easily take-up most of the day if you're taking it slow and make stops along the way for lunch, etc..

User Info Menu

The Blue Hole near Brighton is a great excursion. We spent a few hours there and could have easily stayed longer. They are said to have a great kitchen....we didn't eat, though. Wish we would have.

User Info Menu

I would say YS Falls (it's beautiful and fun) combined with a trip to the Pelican Bar (it's one of a kind). It's a long day, but a good one

YS Falls
    Name:  Jamaica 2009 (193).jpg
Views: 507
Size:  95.7 KB
    Name:  Jamaica 2009 (222).jpg
Views: 508
Size:  97.8 KB

The Pelican Bar
    Name:  Jamaica 2009 (242).jpg
Views: 508
Size:  97.7 KB
    Name:  Jamaica 2009 (244).jpg
Views: 510
Size:  98.2 KB
    Name:  Jamaica 2009 (253).jpg
Views: 505
Size:  96.7 KB

You could also take a boat trip along the beach or go parasailing, it's a great way to see the coastline.

User Info Menu

You could also add YS Falls to your Appleton trip. We did and it made for a great day.
    Another awesome albeit ambitious day trip is Nine Mile in St. Ann's, the birth and resting place of Bob Marley. It's a lot of driving but through some of the most beautiful scenery you will ever find. Leave early and on the way go to the Rocklands Bird Sanctuary outside of Montego Bay. On the way back stop at Luminous Lagoon/Glistening Waters in Falmouth for an amazing and magical experience. It must be seen after dark so have a leisurely dinner before you take the boat ride. This is as I said ambitious and will get you back to Negril fairly late but it is a day you will never forget, trust me.
    Bless...
    Ed
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

YS Falls and Pelican Bar are definitely worth the trip!
    But if you don't feel like actually leaving Negril, I would call up Famous Vincent and have him take you on a tour of the cliffs coast line and then out to the reef for snorkelling. He is an amazing guide and actually goes snorkelling with you.
    Pack up a cooler full of cold ones and enjoy!
    https://www.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/4;10747;126/st/20230508/e/Negril+Bound/dt/-2/k/37c0/event.png

User Info Menu

November 2007 - Road Trip to Luminous Lagoon/ Glistening Waters in Falmouth with Rob, Lisa and Kenny (the crocodile hunter) as the driver. Left around lunch time, several stops off the "OLD" road to Negril, late lunch in Mo Bay, then onto the NEW Highway to Ocho Rios. Several stops later we are at Glistening Waters. Chill with Kingston Pilsners until night fall. Awesome night for the Luminous Lagoon. Moon rise was late and the water was still. Dark night and lots of GLOW! Then the big controversy!! I swear on a stack of bibles that it was a luminous Crocodile, Rob says it was a bamboo log. Since when does bamboo have four legs and a tail!!! Got back after midnight after a stop at Jerky's in Mo Bay and a nice little bar in Lucea. Kenny did an awesome job driving!

Sponsor

User Info Menu

My excursion is to walk the beach,the roads,jump in a cab,jump out. Stop nowhere but everywhere....

User Info Menu

Been to all the places above but my favorite day trip was mushrooms ! lol

User Info Menu

Mayfield Falls has always been my favourite for the overall experience. Walking the falls, swimming and jumping in deeper pools of water, guides explaining plants and telling stories, a really cool place!

Name:  mayfield2.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  90.6 KB

Name:  mayfield3.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  98.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2277 (400x600) (2).jpg
Views: 375
Size:  60.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2282 (400x600).jpg
Views: 431
Size:  50.4 KB