Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Pelican Bar/ Black river

User Info Menu

Pelican Bar/ Black river

Hello all! My husband and I are arriving April 21st and staying through May 1st and wondering if anyone else is planning to go to the Pelican bar and black river in that time frame. Thinking may be more reasonable to share the trip from Negril. Also does anyone have any suggestions on who to go with? Fifth time in Negril and feel like we need to venture out! Thanks!
    anne

User Info Menu

Re: Pelican Bar/ Black river

Hey Anne
    I put out a similar post about a week ago. My friend and I are staying in Negril April 29-May 3rd... So May 1 is the only day we could do it- flexible on everything else. Thinking to combine Pelican with Black River or Appleton tour. Sharing WOULD be cheaper and to me more fun... We pack a cooler , iPod , and leave somewhere before noon and just have a blast. Did it spur of the moment last year with some other people looking for adventure and in the 11 trips to Jamaica it was one of the best experiences! ( and I have had a million great ones)... Lots of options for drivers. Thought depending on how many are interested may be best to hold off to button down number of people size of van and itinerary. We will be doing the bus crawl on Tuesday the 30th and figured that would be a good place to recruit :-)... If may 1st does work for you, and you guys want to join forces please, let me know, if not I hope you go at some point as you will not regret it.
    Last edited by KidRick; 04-08-2013 at 04:37 PM.

User Info Menu

Anne,
    My wife and I could possibly do the trip on Sunday 28th? This is our first time to Negril and the Pelican bar is on the list! If that might work let us know and we can discuss it....or anyone else that wants to go too!
    Dan

User Info Menu

Anne and MDSN : If you prefer having a game plan, www.negrilonestop.com will set you up going in... They arrange driver, boat and lunch. All for a reasonable rate.. ( some people would rather know going in that all is taken care of and work a plan )... One Stop is an awesome booking co located in Toronto and fantastic source of info ESP if you are a Negril first timer. Please forgive if this info is not news to you...

User Info Menu

Thanks Kidrock, I will check them out today! Appreciate the advice

User Info Menu

I'm staying at Firefly Cottages from Apr 25-May 3. Travelling solo. I would really like to go to the Pelican Bar & Black River and/or Appleton. Would love to get in with a group to save money and not have to go alone. Kidrick, the 1st would work for me. Ok if I get in with your group?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wmb View Post
    I'm staying at Firefly Cottages from Apr 25-May 3. Travelling solo. I would really like to go to the Pelican Bar & Black River and/or Appleton. Would love to get in with a group to save money and not have to go alone. Kidrick, the 1st would work for me. Ok if I get in with your group?
    Just need to double check with my buddy, that he for sure wants to do this. ( Will be checking with him tomorrow ) . If we go ( 90% sure we ARE at this point ) .... You can definitely come along no problem at all. Please PM me, and I can fill you in and we can work out how to make the connection. We come in on Monday 4/29... So 5/1 works well for us if we do the trip.
    Same holds true for any other boardies out there contemplating this excursion. Bottom line, like the One Love Bus Crawl, this is a trip that holds as much fun in the journey as the destination. A bunch of fun loving like minded Jamaicaholics are my kinda people.