Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: ~~ Sweetness Trip Report - Day Four (Borders) Road to Negril

User Info Menu

Cool ~~ Sweetness Trip Report - Day Four (Borders) Road to Negril

Hey all....finally found some time to continue w/my reports (well mostly pics but they tell the story).

Sunday left TBeach and headed back to Negril and I asked the driva if we could stop for lunch at Borders. I had heard it was really good food shops together. He said he had a friend there and would make sure I didn't get "rushed" lol. What a treat.

The spot is lovely and they were so sweet....they got a wood table and put it in the shade for us and brought us seats so we could chill and enjoy the food. It was sensory overload. The cook showed me a tray of escovitch fish and my mouth was watering ..... I said give me them ALL (probably 10 or 12 whole fish) plus soft fresh bammy (for those that haven't tried it - its like a white cornmeal dough in shape of thick tortilla, spongy, chewy, delicious). Plus they had PEPPA SHRIMP another first for me but saved it for Negril cuz I was stuffed quickly on fish and bammy (one shrimp was the size of a small lobsta). Also got some corn on the cob for later too.

The driva bought me a shaved ice w/sour orange juice to try and it was SUPER great. Such a nice stop and they could not have been nicer kinder people there. I was the only tourist around but felt right at home. Even sweet ducks floating along the likkle cove where the cook shops are. WOW what a memory.......we drove on and I began to see that gorgeous wata and a feeling that I was home for real .....West End.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jamaica June 2011 - 473 (Small).jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	2666

Name:	Jamaica June 2011 - 474 (Small).jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	2667

Name:	Jamaica June 2011 - 479 (Small).jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	2668

Name:	Jamaica June 2011 - 477 (Small).jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	2669

Name:	Jamaica June 2011 - 480 (Small).jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	2670

Name:	Jamaica June 2011 - 484 (Small).jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	2671
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

I would commute two or three days a week to Appleton and I never missed a stop at border. It's called that because it's the border between Westmoreland and St. Elizabeth. Best damn bammy on the Island. Them swims at bad either....
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

I haven't had a chance to stop at Borders yet, but its on my list of things to do. Thanks for the pics!

User Info Menu

Looks great!!! Gonna have to check this place out! This isn't the area at Whitehouse is it??? Had some really good fish and bammy there.