Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bizarre Foods: Jamaica

User Info Menu

I caught about 10 minutes of it. He didn't like custard apple, he loved soup he got from a street vendor in Kingston--cow skin and chicken foot. Also liked the escovich at Hellshire beach--lobster and king crab too. Tried the land crabs but they kept talking about how they live in the sewers. Of the portion I watched --nothing was cringe worthy--I would eat all of those things.

User Info Menu

I thought is was a good show... I have to say I enjoyed it more than the Anthony Bourdain Jamaica episode.

User Info Menu

Good Show....I loved the part about Scotchies, IMHO they have the best jerk that i've tasted so far (haven't been to Boston yet)..We ate at the one near Ochi 2 nites in a row it was so good!
    Choochy420

User Info Menu

Great show, thanks Sam I Am!

I now have to find the Yatti Man for some blue drawers......darn delicious looking!
    Last edited by Jasmin70; 07-20-2011 at 02:56 PM. Reason: spelling

User Info Menu

I'm open to quite a bit but something about eating feet just don't sit too well with me. My dad is pue southern so wealways had strange looking things in our house and those were the days I ate elsewhere! LOL I've never eaten a mountain oyster but once I found out what they were, the chances of me trying them were zilch to none!

User Info Menu

Love me some gunga pea soup as someone above mentioned. The chunks-o-meat were delicious.

also had some Lion Fish last trip. I thought it was delicious!

and guess what?! I know how to post pictures now! Yippeee!

User Info Menu

I agree with Sam I Am! It was a good show.
    Chantal
    Live free or die.

User Info Menu

I found the episode on utube for those that may have missed it...

part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PrVc...ature=youtu.be

part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fTVY...eature=related

part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxq38...ature=youtu.be

Found it pretty good and interesting
    Enjoy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VtDave View Post
    Going to Hellshire beach for fish and lobster (lobster cheaper than fish) and great festival is a rare treat. Haven't been there in years. Gangs have taken over the beach area, so we go to Ft. Clarence,
    A little off topic, but could you elaborate on this please? Did you experience this personally or were told by friends not to go? Just wondering about the details because a statement like this can be pretty bad publicity for a place.

We were just at Hellshire on the 9th of July and didn't really see anything out of ordinary. We just got hassled by the guys in the parking lot because they must think a white man doesn't know how to park a car, so they have to tell you where to park and how to do it.

User Info Menu

NKY...good question! Big difference between rumor & truth!! And, thanks for letting us know about your first hand experience!